Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think we will see a "cashless" society in our lifetime?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No...just no. Not only should we not head towards a 'cashless' society, but we should head backwards into a Gold standard society.

This is unacceptable. Then how would one be able to hide money (getaway money?). I hoard cash. If my assets & accounts are frozen by the govt. I can use the cash that I stashed away or buried in the backyard. This wouldn't be possible anymore.

Also lets talk about what money is. IN a free market, the people determine what's valuable as a intermediary exchange for goods. It can be salt, it can be sugar, it can be gold/silver. The people chose Gold as a valuable exchange for centuries instead of bartering the chicken for the cow. Or giving away the Cow for services from a Doctor. We don't have this anymore with the current, paper money system where the Govt put artificial value on their paper. And now you wanna go even a step further with digital money....where simple numbers are being shuffled around on the net?? This may be a good thing for boxingscene points system, but that's it.

I guess the hackers would win in this as they can simply create digital money out of thin air, instead of having to counterfeit the paper. Just stop this progressive nonsense, embrace Capitalism and go do something with your life.
    Last edited by One_Tycoon; 11-14-2012, 06:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Prince Mongo View Post
      Good questions

My guess is there would be some kind of mobile device you describe.

You would shoot the broad $$$ as you would your friend digitally through the banking app.

If you were hacked all transactions could be reversed because it is all done digitally. It is not like someone running off with cash which would never be seen again. My guess is for security reasons they would want the device closely linked to high security ID (DNA Iris Recognition,finger prints the kind of thing they use at airports already)That way if you went to the Police and said your banking ap was lost/stolen they could check that you are who you say you are reverse the theft transactions and issue a new ap and reinstate your digital account.
      This is good for securing play money on the internet, but not actual money of value. This would basically be "E-points". E- points have no value unless it is backed up by something valuable. Paper money used to be backed by Gold. What would 'digital money' be backed by? Nothing? Just unlimited amount of e-points that buy you commoditie?.

The Free Market wouldn't allow this and the Govt. couldn't force people to operate under this system. E-points have no value besides the govt saying it has value. Inflation would skyrocket. The Free Market would turn into a Black Market. A huge underground economy would be created where people would make a up a new currency of sorts, to use as exchange.

Comment

He causes all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hand or on their foreheads, 17 and that no one may buy or sell except one who has the mark or[f] the name of the beast, or the number of his name.
        18 Here is wisdom. Let him who has understanding calculate the number of the beast, for it is the number of a man: His number is 666. (Revelation 13:16-18)

Comment

This is the subject of a story I am currently writing. The story is not about the people who have this cashless society. It's about the people who do not have access to it.

Also there are murders.

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
            This is the subject of a story I am currently writing. The story is not about the people who have this cashless society. It's about the people who do not have access to it.

Also there are murders.
            How long is your story, and once you are finished would you be so kind as to forward to me so I can read it?

PS. Are the people in your story actually aiming to join the cashless society but are not granted access to it?

Comment

Pretty sure its headed there.

Comment

Originally posted by Enayze View Post
                How long is your story, and once you are finished would you be so kind as to forward to me so I can read it?

PS. Are the people in your story actually aiming to join the cashless society but are not granted access to it?
                Some of them are. It should be 50,000 words or so when I'm done with it, but that'll be a first draft.

Oh and there are some Revelation obsessed Evangelicals in the story. They're good guys. Of sorts.

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
                  Some of them are. It should be 50,000 words or so when I'm done with it, but that'll be a first draft.

Oh and there are some Revelation obsessed Evangelicals in the story. They're good guys. Of sorts.
                  Your the smug lib that is saved by "hillbillys" when the world falls apart. You realize that, don't you?

Comment

Originally posted by Mannie Phresh View Post
                    Your the smug lib that is saved by "hillbillys" when the world falls apart. You realize that, don't you?
                    If the world were to truly fall apart then there would be no preventing literally billions of deaths. Once society falls apart then we reach a situation in which we can no longer support such a massive population and people would die in a massive global famine. No amount of hillbillies will be able to save the population.

The disaster wouldn't end the human race. The breakdown of society would end it.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
                      Pretty sure its headed there.
                      Judging from the poll it seems a lot agree with you.

Comment

Working...
                      X