Collapse
No announcement yet.

Roy Jones was awful last night.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Roy Jones sucks, I usually spend half the fight mocking his commentary.

Comment

I only had audio in the first 3 rounds and he said he loves Bradley at some point

Comment

Originally posted by Garcia's Dad View Post
        He was very biased last night but he's usually terrific. Chalk it up as an off-night.
        Too true, it was painful to listen to at times. I lke Roy, but damn! What was he on last night??

Comment

He also kept saying Provodnikov was hurt badly in the 2nd round. He didnt look hurt to me.

Comment

I was watching boxnation, but considering it's HBO, it must be Bias

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
              He also kept saying Provodnikov was hurt badly in the 2nd round. He didnt look hurt to me.
              Roy does this all the time and it pisses me off.

He will say "he hurt him bayyyyyyaddd" 10-15 times a fight on good shots that land square but don't even buckle the guys legs.

The other thing about Roy that drives me nuts is hearing him talk about how fighters are taking too much punishment or putting themselves in long term danger.

He's always getting all preachy about **** when he the bright shining example of what happens to guys who hang on too long.

Comment

I've noticed when certain guys are in the ring, Roy is bias towards them. This isn't the first time.

Comment

Originally posted by Garcia's Dad View Post
                  He was very biased last night but he's usually terrific. Chalk it up as an off-night.
                  I hope it was an off night because before that fight I've always found him to be a decent enough commentator. I just think he's a fan of Tim and couldn't stop gushing about the Desert Breeze.

Comment

It was some, but not too bad; i dont think he was too familiar with Prov ( like 1 poster mentioned he could even remember his name at the end of the fight)
                    Lampley had me laughing more trying to get anyone who would listen to agree about the 10-8 rounds.

Comment

Roy's good on a bad night!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X