No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum Rips Hopkins on HBO, Malignaggi-Mosley on SHO

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ravens Fan View Post
    Hopkins is trying to break his own record against a fighter that is not very good and that averages about one fight a year. In my opinion it is not something to get all that excited about. And if Bhop hasn't gotten really ancient, beyond physically that is, he should win easy in a real snoozer.
    You tell em, 48 year old picking on the weak! Hopkins gets no credit for beating the #3 ranked undefeated bum ass Cloud who's 17 years younger than him and in his prime.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
      The numbers don't lie:

Hopkins/Pascal 2 - 1.8 million
      Hopkins/Dawson - 1.6 million

First off, with ratings like that, why would you not want to showcase a Hopkins fight? It's live a TV station cancelling one of its most watched shows. And how else would you promote young fighter? Keith Thurman doesn't have the fanbase to headline his own card.

Arum always talks about not doing certain things because it doesn't make business sense, but when HBO buys a fight with one of its most watch fighters he's the first to criticize.
      I find the your rational these two fights are OK because they will showcase a young fighter just illogical.

Crap headliners are OK because they will attract viewers to see the undercard fight where a young fighter goes up against an over-matched opponent?

If you wanna promote young fighters, put them on better cards. And serving up sh-t fights does not help the sport as a whole.

We do not get enough cards during the fights to be dealt with stinky fights like this. There are times during the year where we go months without a fight, because the budgets were taken up on fights like these.

I hate Arum, he's a hypocrite who only makes sense when he's criticising Golden Boy - and that's the point. He's making sense (even if his agenda is clear).

Comment

I don't have a problem with Hopkins-Cloud, Mosley-Malignaggi is bull though. Mosley needs to stay retired, and I would have rather seen Paulie fight someone like Ortiz, Thurman, Maidana, etc.

But I mean Clooud should have lost to Campillo, but that doesn't chance that Cloud is still a Top 10 LHW. Hopkins is at least fighting one of the guys in the Top 10 in his weight class. It's not really a bad fight.

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
          Why is Hopkins-Cloud a garbage fight?

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
          I like Hopkins but c'mon. This has stinky fight written all over it. We've already seen B-Hop make history. Why do we need a lamer re-tread?

Boxing is a regenerative sport. At some point, you gotta move on.

Comment

Originally posted by Garcia's Dad View Post
            I find the your rational these two fights are OK because they will showcase a young fighter just illogical.

Crap headliners are OK because they will attract viewers to see the undercard fight where a young fighter goes up against an over-matched opponent?

If you wanna promote young fighters, put them on better cards. And serving up sh-t fights does not help the sport as a whole.

We do not get enough cards during the fights to be dealt with stinky fights like this. There are times during the year where we go months without a fight, because the budgets were taken up on fights like these.

I hate Arum, he's a hypocrite who only makes sense when he's criticising Golden Boy - and that's the point. He's making sense (even if his agenda is clear).
            First off, I thought he was fighting Jan Zaveck, a top 10 contender at 147. I wouldn't really call that a young fighter vs. an over-matched opponent. Secondly, people watch Hopkins fights. He generates Canelo and Chavez Jr. level ratings. It's the perfect opportunity to build a stacked undercard with a headliner that will draw 1.5 million plus viewers.

Comment

I don't think Hopkins/Cloud is THAT bad of a match-up. I definitely agree with him on Mosley/Malignaggi.

Comment

Yeah this isn't as good as Pinoy Power 28 PPV

Comment

Originally posted by Garcia's Dad
                  Quote:

Originally Posted by jsfd26

I like Hopkins but c'mon. This has stinky fight written all over it. We've already seen B-Hop make history. Why do we need a lamer re-tread?

Boxing is a regenerative sport. At some point, you gotta move on.
                  I dont like Hopkins too much but I'd love to see Cloud get his ass whooped by grandpa.

Comment

I gotta give it to Hopkins. He's an amazing opportunist. Cloud deserved that loss vs Campillo so now he comes to fight Cloud and some of his fans make it seem like Cloud has never lost. Still a decent fight, he's fighting someone in his own division and not someone coming up in weight.

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post

Cause Stone Cold Bob Arum said so!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X