Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

More disastrous cherry pick? Pacman/Oscar or Pacman/Marquez.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
    Nope, no amount of money would make him think twice as it goes much deeper than money in regards to Arums beef with GB.
    Any fixed offer is clearly not for a copromotion. If he was willing to stand back, it would have cost a solid chunk, contractually, not arguing his willingness to do so.

Comment

Originally posted by Rk16 View Post
      Remember lads out of the 28m he made for Marquez,he still has to pay Arum his 28% plus Roach and the rest of his team
      He is lucky to make 15m for himself
      Now they have admitted that Floyds offer of 40m would have ending up making them around 50m on the back end,however that works
      So after Arum and his team get his money,he would make close to 30m
      Even if this fight sold 2m Floyd would probably get around 50m,with more add on's
      Floyds offer sounds worse than it is and eliminates the risk for Manny when it comes to ppv numbers
      Wether you think it's fair or not tho,its pretty obvious Arum has been scamming Pacquiao for years
      He doesn't have to pay 28% to Arum after Arum has paid him, it doesn't work like that. He has to pay Roach, Koncz, bunch more but he has no more obligation to Arum. It would be different if he took a fixed amount to fight on another promoter's show. Arum would have to get his, if he even allowed for it in the first place.

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
        He doesn't have to pay 28% to Arum after Arum has paid him, it doesn't work like that. He has to pay Roach, Koncz, bunch more but he has no more obligation to Arum. It would be different if he took a fixed amount to fight on another promoter's show. Arum would have to get his, if he even allowed for it in the first place.
        Arum gets 28% of Pacquiao's purse that's the deal he has
        Arum makes plenty more by only fighting against TR fighters
        Hence his reluctance to let Pacquiao fight outside his company

Comment

Arum gets 28% of Pacquiao's purse that's the deal he has
          Arum makes plenty more by only fighting against TR fighters
          Hence his reluctance to let Pacquiao fight outside his company
          Show me a link. Please make sure you understand what you're saying first

Comment

Show me a link. Please make sure you understand what you're saying first
            I know exactly what I'm saying,and Floyd wasn't the only one to report the percentage Manny has to pay
            I'm not saying I know everything but his contract will be to pay a percentage of his purse to Arum
            Not on how much the fight makes....
            It might be too late but it was obvious to everyone that Pacquiao needs to self promote to make the big money
            Floyd has to pay Haymon and GB a percentage
            Manny pays Arum and Top Rank

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
              if so, why for manny to only reap $28 mil is ridiculous. Why in the hell did he resign with TR?
              Probably doesn't feel like he could go solo. There could be a non compete clause to prevent him from signing with GBP for some time, who knows. He's in the same boat as 99.9% of the boxers getting ripped of by the promoter. Oscar and Floyd are the exceptions, both aspiring promoters while fighting. Pac's got other interests, which often prove as lucrative. You know, people have gone broke forming promo companies and record labels, but I don't think anyone's lost money going into politics.

Comment

Without getting too much in to conspiracies,I think Bradley got the nod so Pacquiao's position would be weakened therefore the risk of him leaving Top Rank diminished
                Manny resigned before the last fight
                I think Ariza has made comments on this too

Comment

I know exactly what I'm saying,and Floyd wasn't the only one to report the percentage Manny has to pay
                  I'm not saying I know everything but his contract will be to pay a percentage of his purse to Arum
                  Not on how much the fight makes....
                  It might be too late but it was obvious to everyone that Pacquiao needs to self promote to make the big money
                  Floyd has to pay Haymon and GB a percentage
                  Manny pays Arum and Top Rank
                  No link, but no surprise

Comment

Probably doesn't feel like he could go solo. There could be a non compete clause to prevent him from signing with GBP for some time, who knows. He's in the same boat as 99.9% of the boxers getting ripped of by the promoter. Oscar and Floyd are the exceptions, both aspiring promoters while fighting. Pac's got other interests, which often prove as lucrative. You know, people have gone broke forming promo companies and record labels, but I don't think anyone's lost money going into politics.
                    I understand your point but I doubt one of the biggest and most known fighters on the planet thought he would fail going solo.
                    Personally I think there are strange goings on in that relationship,remember the **** with Visionquest?
                    Hopefully Manny doesn't end up having to fight on for financial reasons but even Roach has said this could happen to him if he is not careful

Comment

No link, but no surprise
                      Have you a link to say Pacquiao doesn't pay Arum anything from his purse?

Comment

Working...
                      X