No announcement yet.

Knicks to likely pass on Jeremy Lin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RL_GMA View Post
    Lin ain't worth the money NY would've had to pay him in the long run. It would've just added on to the bonehead moves the Knicks have made for years now minus getting Carmelo Anthony (which I think they gave up too much for anyway, but hey...)
    I never understood that trade.

It was clear he wanted to be a Knick. Why not wait till the end of the year and get him through free agency ?

Comment

That first publicly stated contract offer was not the final offer the rockets had. They did that & made the knicks think they could match it hence they went out and signed jr smith, that old drunkard kidd & camby. Once they did that, they upped the final 3rd year & the knicks got screwed since they already made moves based off an assumption that was the contract Lin got from the rockets.

knicks got hoodwinked by nba money ball pioneer uber nerd daryl morey.

Comment

Originally posted by BERNIE'S CORNER View Post
        As much excitement, media pandemonium and fanfare as Lin brought to end a horrid start by the Knicks he's an unproven commodity on the court.

25 games doesn't equate to 25mil. in salary, Just doesn't !!! (40 Mil.Overall)

We sign Kidd to mentor Lin for a few seasons only to Have Houston up the ante after doing so ? So yes "Houston we have a problem" !!!

Can't remember Bird rights backfiring on a team as it has the Knicks ?

I don't blame Lin for making the most of his opportunity but don't talk to me about Bird Rights !!!

Bird rights should give a team the opportunity to trade the asset at fair market value not turn over those rights to the highest bidder !!!

Oh well Knick fan has survived a lot worse so on to next season !!!

they should have just offered him an extension during the season...instead, Dolan's dumbass allows him to test free agency only to realize that he couldn't/wont match what other teams are offering

the houston gm is miles ahead of dolan as far as smarts goes

Comment

But what about his on-the-court value?

Nice post on the financial dynamics as well as the underdog aspects.

As a long suffering Knick fan the only question I have is his on the court value and will he live up to the hype and take the Knicks to the next level ?

So only time will tell as far as his on the court value is concerned. 25 games in an NBA season is not enough to gauge a players on the court value !

Imo to render a contract of this magnitude is to much of a risk considering the financial obligations to other players currently under contract !

PS: Knicks have less than a day and a 1/2 to pull off another trade and a rabbit out of their @ss and I don't see that happening !!!
          Last edited by BERNIE'S CORNER; 07-16-2012, 03:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pugilistic™ View Post
            I never understood that trade.

It was clear he wanted to be a Knick. Why not wait till the end of the year and get him through free agency ?
            The lockout. It was very unpredictabl and because of Lebrn the Nuggets were pretty hell bent on trading him to SOMEONE whih was abot to be the Nets. Melo should have held out though. If we kept Chandler, Gallo, Felton and added Melo we could have used those pieces to trade for CP3 and literally have won a championship last year.

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
              they should have just offered him an extension during the season...instead, Dolan's dumbass allows him to test free agency only to realize that he couldn't/wont match what other teams are offering

Incorrect my good man. Without knowing if the Knicks would have Lin's Bird rights the Knicks didn't have the money whatsoever to sign Lin. Once they won that ruling THEN hey could have extended him an offer, which they should have but decided to gambe........which they have now lost.

Comment

Yeah Mak, you're right but hindsight's a mutha !!!

Who knew Houston would offer such a contract twice ?

You're right about Dolan but as Knick fans what can we do ?
                Last edited by BERNIE'S CORNER; 07-16-2012, 04:36 PM.

Comment

Carmelo Anthony: Don't blame me if Knicks don't bring back Jeremy Lin

Several sources have told Yahoo! Sports that the Knicks don't plan on matching the three-year, $25 million offer sheet Lin signed with the Houston Rockets. Anthony called the offer sheet – which will pay Lin nearly $15 million in the third year – "ridiculous" Sunday during an interview with reporters after Team USA's practice in Washington.

"It's up to the organization to say they want to match that ridiculous contract that's out there,'' Anthony said.

Comment

Morey might be the most intelligent GM in the history of the league, just on pure intellect alone. That's not an exaggeration.

He's the godfather of sabermetrics money ball of the nba. A computer science major & MIT graduate.

Dolan is a idiotic trust fund baby.

Comment

We are getting Dwight Howard too.

Comment

Working...
                      X