Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Video] Al Bernstein on why Pacquiao would beat Mayweather via decision.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post
    We all know Floyd doesn't have the power to hurt Pacquiao. And Floyds pull counter only works against orthodox fighters who have slower handspeed than Floyd. Pacquiao has faster handspeed and throws in combinations from all angles. Pacquiao has nothing to fear in retaliation because Floyd punches to outpoint you not to knock you out.

Pacquiao would win by KO or by a wide decision like Bernstein said.
    I wish pac had the same confidence in himself,if it was true what you say he wouldnt of asked for a 10 million dollar penalty for each pound and he wouldnt of said NO to the proper blood test!!

This really shows you how much he's really ready to sacrifice for his pinoys

Comment

Originally posted by jnoon3225 View Post
      EXACTLY!!! I try to explain this to anyone willing to listen... Floyd's great defense is a fraction of its capability against a southpaw... they have avoided pitting Floyd against southpaws since the amateurs... and as far as the Marquez comparisons... for the love of God, Pacquiao is a better fighter and at a more comfortable weight! Marquez fought Pac at 126 and 130... He is not only technically more sound now, he is much stronger.
      I'ma repeat what I told this other dude on YT.

Look at the opposition he's showed these improvements against, we're talkin' about slow, stationary opponents. Some overly defensive, mostly tailor made. So who is to say he can utilize these new attributes against Mayweather or Marquez?

Also, Floyd can defend very well against southpaws, he uses the high guard, which is also hard to get through/ very effective.

Comment

How many Southpaws has he had problems with?

Comment

it's kinda amusing that some people will always bring up pac-jmm fight when assessing pac's chances against floyd. it's always about counterpunching. floyd is not the kind of counterpuncher that jmm is. floyd counters with a 1-2 then moves out. jmm counters with a combination with pinpoint accuracy mixing up body and head shots. and he doesn't just counterpunches, he counterattacks as well. he stands his ground and mix it up with his opponent. while jmm is a counterpuncher, he's very willing to trade as well. floyd on the other hand, and i mean the current floyd, his counterpunching is limited because of his defense first style. in fact he even turtles up his defense when under attack.

now don't get me wrong, i'm not saying pac will not have a hard time with floyd. he'll surely will but it's not about just floyd's counterpunching. nor the pac-jmm fight a good indication of what will happen should pac and floyd fight. floyd's ringsmarts will carry him for this fight.

Comment

Originally posted by neolove1@comcas View Post
            How many Southpaws has he had problems with?
            Corley landed a few good shots and Judah gave him some trouble for 4 rounds before getting completely destroyed. It's just something Pac fans use to point out weaknesses in Floyd's game. In all reality Mayweather has only had 2 close fights in his entire career (Castillo 1 and DLH) but when you are that good people just have to nit pick to find anything (not to mention Floyd is just held to a completely different standard than anyone else). Meanwhile Floyd pitches a shutout against Marquez who beat Pac 16 out of 24 rounds and Pac fans somehow still conjur up ways that Pac is going to KO Floyd. You kinda just have to laugh at it really.

I will say this though, for a person of Al Bernstein's boxing background and knowledge to say something as ridiculous as Manny will throw over 1,000 punches against Floyd is just completely bizarre. Anyone who truly knows both of these fighters and knows boxing knows that there is literally NO CHANCE Manny gets 1,000 punches off against Mayweather. Pac only got off around 650 in both of his fights with Marquez. Just a completely ludicrous statement. One of Floyd's biggest strengths is controlling his opponents punch output. Someone please name me a Mayweather opponent who has thrown 1,000 punches against Floyd.

Comment

The reason the JMM fights are used is just because it's the closest style wise Pac has fought to Floyd recently. I agree JMM and Floyd are very different but it's certainly a more accurate comparison than ANYTHING Pac has fought lately. Not to mention let's be serious, besides combination punching, there isn't one thing that Marquez does better than Mayweather.

Comment

not to mention the straight left hand from the southpaw stance, either a lead or with a double jab. i think that punch is floyds kryptonite. i also think floyd stance blocks his view from the right hook which will also land.

Comment

Everyone is entitled to there opinion, but i disagree with some of Al's points. Manny has a good shot at beating Floyd but anyone who thinks Manny will land 40% oh his punches against Floyd is delusional or just not up to speed.

Mosley landed 20%, Marquez 12%. now manny is faster than those two but id b surprised if he lands over 30% if the fight ever happens...

Comment

Originally posted by Chopper417 View Post
                    The reason the JMM fights are used is just because it's the closest style wise Pac has fought to Floyd recently. I agree JMM and Floyd are very different but it's certainly a more accurate comparison than ANYTHING Pac has fought lately. Not to mention let's be serious, besides combination punching, there isn't one thing that Marquez does better than Mayweather.
                    i think this version of pac destroys a prime mar4quez in 4 rounds. i think u are mistaken if you think pac is anything like the pac in the marquez fight.

Comment

JMM made PAC look silly, so did Morales in there first fight. Mayweather would beat ALL these guys in the same ring in one time. AB is just hyping this sh.it up..

Comment

Working...
                      X