Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who has more talent and skill then FMJr.??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well maybe Ottke, great orthodox skills.

Comment

Originally posted by RightCross94 View Post
      No one. That's the fuckin truth.

That's why I like Floyd, not because he drives nice cars or swaggers around with chains etc, but because he is skilled, talented, he backs up his words and he trains harder and smarter than anyone in the game.

What a fighter, and none of the bull**** on these boards can detract from the fighter he is.

Now, there's **** right there

Comment

Amir Khan - future p4p

Comment

Combined? No one but I'd say that Roy Jones, SRL/SRR and Ali were more talented but they weren't as technically sound.

The EU fighters that stand straight up are probably more technically sound but don't even come close talent wise.

BUT some of those talented fighters would beat him (P4P) IMO because they make up for the technical deficiencies by having superior hand speed, power etc. basically natural attributes

Comment

James Toney, Pernell Whitaker, Nicolino Locche.... so on...

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
              Hitting and moving, working off the jab, setting up the straight right......pretty much the same other than the shoulder roll. Maybe you should watch the Chagaev fight and then watch Floyd/JMM and tell me it wasn't the same technique.
              1. Floyd doesn't need to set up the straight right, and he doesn't always work off the jab. He gives about 4 different looks in a fight, if not more... 2. FLoyd's shoulder roll is a huge part of his style, so wtf... 3. Floyd's movement is 74623452 times better than Wlad's.. 4. Floyd's trunk rotations, dips, weaves, lateral and vertical movement is aces, while Wlad is pliable as a board, like I said.

Wlad uses more of his height and reach to tie up fighters..and step away a bit..then do the jab 4634 times then the right. Floyd (at his best) was a precision assassin

So the only similarity I give you is they both hit and move

They are completely different styles, my dude.

Comment

Originally posted by Syf View Post
                1. Floyd doesn't need to set up the straight right, and he doesn't always work off the jab. He gives about 4 different looks in a fight, if not more... 2. FLoyd's shoulder roll is a huge part of his style, so wtf... 3. Floyd's movement is 74623452 times better than Wlad's.. 4. Floyd's trunk rotations, dips, weaves, lateral and vertical movement is aces, while Wlad is pliable as a board, like I said.

Wlad uses more of his height and reach to tie up fighters..and step away a bit..then do the jab 4634 times then the right. Floyd (at his best) was a precision assassin

So the only similarity I give you is they both hit and move

They are completely different styles, my dude.
                Wlad is a HW so Floyd's movement should very well be much better than a 240-250lb man.......they have some differences because they have different bodies but its essentially the same style.....the jab is the primary weapon and using it while keeping distance is another major objective for both in order to damage.

Comment

Pernell Whitaker

Comment

skill.....noone comes close to Floyd IMO......talent, natural raw talent?!?.....nobody and I mean NOBODY comes close to Roy Jones Jr.

Comment

I just can't see it...

I'm usually with you at least to some extent on your posts but...yeah

Wlad is a straight up and down, 1-2 fighter with height and reach and size, that has developed some defense with what he has

Floyd is a defensive mastermind.. he is not nearly as dependent upon the jab as Wlad is. And at 140 and below his offense was much more precise and versatile than Wlad's ever was.

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
                      they have different bodies
                      Aside from everything I've already said...this is a major point. Different bodies mean different styles. Joe Frazier and Roberto Duran fought a certain way with what they had.. Ali, and SRL utilized what they had. body type dictates more on someone's style than you are admitting.

Comment

Working...
                      X