No announcement yet.

one major flaw that will hurt pacman with cotto

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by larrysmith View Post
    he can not fight on the inside..........ive never seen him even attempt to fight on the inside..and you cant keep cotto on the outside all night
    that is if cotto can make pac fight on the inside. hatton tried to apply that strategy against pac but it proved to be his undoing because he never really caught pac and instead absorbed powerful lefts and rights that sent him to lala land. in fact, hatton had more success against mayweather with his brawling style. i'm not saying cotto will be just as reckless as hatton but he'll surely find it difficult to pin down pac because pac moves well and fast in his feet and hands so cotto will have to absorb some punches before he can do it. unless of course cotto can easily take pac's power which i doubt.

Comment

Originally posted by oc9979 View Post
      cotto would of ko hatton any day of the week.
      Never in my post did I say cotto wouldn't KO hatton. What I did say is I doubt he, or probably anyone else would destroy hattton the way pac did. IMO, if cotto fought hatton, cotto would kick his ass too, but probably wouldn't stop him till the mid to late rounds. Does that say pacquiao is better than cotto? Absolutely not, what I'm saying is pacquiao has power because of his speed and accuracy.

Jesus fuuckin christ people learn to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
        Did you read the rest of my paragraph or what pendejo? "it's hard to say if he'd ever be in the same position in the first place" i.e I'm well aware cotto aint no ricky hatton, just saying IF he does get caught like that, would it hurt cotto? Yes, I believe so, anyone would. Whether or not cotto would ever leave himself in the same position is another question entirely.
        First if you are going to curse someone do it right, is pendejo not bendejo ass wipe.

If Cotto gets Cought with a shot like that, he gets KD and possible hurt, but he gets back up, he wont go to la la land like Ricky did:!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
          Power is about timing and accuracy though. I seriously doubt too many, if any, welterweights would have been able to KO hatton like Pacquiao did, that was a brutal shot. Why? Because of Manny's speed & accuracy.

Further, about cotto's chin, would cotto survive the KO shot that finished hatton? I don't know, it's hard to say if he'd every be in the same position in the first place, but cotto does eat leather so it's not impossible he would get caught with the same type of shot and best believe if he does, it at the very least will hurt cotto and if pacquiao can hurt him, he'll get his respect.
          Do you honestly think pacman would stay up if cotto had followed up after marquez rocked him in 2nd fight? Marquez rocked him with a shot and just stood there admiring the punch. Cotto would've gone to the liver and pacman would've been down. Another thing....Hatton would never survive fight with mosley or clottey. Pacman fights lightweights/featherweights, cotto fights WELTERWEIGHTS. PLEASE do not put hatton with welterweights...good welterweights. Hatton went into ring scared like fighters would enter ring against tyson.

Comment

Originally posted by Ch@mpBox@PR View Post
            First if you are going to curse someone do it right, is pendejo not bendejo ass wipe.
            That's what I said, you even quoted pendejo! wtf

If Cotto gets Cought with a **** like that, he gets KD and possible hurt
            Thanks, that's my point.

he gets back up, he wont go to la la land like Ricky did:!!!!!!!
            Not saying he wouldn't, cotto is a warrior.

Comment

Originally posted by Ch@mpBox@PR View Post
              Thats the point Hatton Aint no Cotto. And Cotto wont get hit with a punch Like that.

Thats the main Point you guys are saying Cotto as another Hatton, and on Nov 14 You will relize that Cotto is a tottally different beast.
              Cotto definitely ain't no Hatton but his guard is completely open to Manny's strait left and you know he'll throw it a lot. May not be enough to knock him out but can definitely open him up or shut an eye.

Comment

This fight hinges on Pac's feet versus Cotto's jab. Pac won't fight inside with Cotto, it's suicide. He's going to use his lightning fast feet to dart in and out and explode. He's got some of the best in and out movement I've ever seen.

Now a lot of people think that the longer the fight goes the better for Pac. I actually disagree. I understand the Cotto stamina concern, but I think by the 3rd or 4th round we'll know who will win the fight.

If Pac is moving in and out and Cotto can't time him with the jab, he'll eat too much leather and get stopped. Pac will come out to a fast start because it will take Cotto some time to time Pac. If eventually Pac is eating a stiff jab that will probably feel like a straight left to him, every time he comes in, it will discourage him. I aint no Roach or Pac, but if Pac can't move in and out and explode, than I have no idea what plan B will be for them. Because if Pac is eating that jab when he comes in on Cotto I can see him getting a little gunshy and thrown off the game plan.

If Pac is gun shy than that would give Cotto the opportunity to cut off the ring, and then it's curtains for Pac.

Pac's feet vs. Cotto's jab in the first 4 rounds....that's the fight right there.
                Last edited by savorduhflavor; 07-09-2009, 12:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by madsweeney View Post
                  Cotto definitely ain't no Hatton but his guard is completely open to Manny's strait left and you know he'll throw it a lot. May not be enough to knock him out but can definitely open him up or shut an eye.
                  Just Like Manny is open to Counter left hooks to the buddy, when ever he throws his new Ight hook and Just how manny, is open for any punch evertime he throws a left hand.

Manny Thrwos his left hand and he falls forward with it, and he always before throwing a left hand lowers his right to his waiste. When he thwows his right hook he always circles to the same side, he doesn t know how to throw a right hook and then move to the other direction..

Cottos flaws are getting hit with uppercuts too ****ing much!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by rob6465 View Post
                    Do you honestly think pacman would stay up if cotto had followed up after marquez rocked him in 2nd fight?
                    Which punch are you referring too? The one pacman took at the bell?

Another thing....Hatton would never survive fight with mosley or clottey.
                    This means absolutely nothing when discussing pacquiao vs cotto.

Roberto Duran went the full 15 rounds against Marvin Hagler.
                    Tommy Hearns KO'd Duran in 2 rounds.
                    Hagler KO'd Hearns in 3 rounds.

Think about that for a second.

Pacman fights lightweights/featherweights, cotto fights WELTERWEIGHTS.
                    Oh, I see, thanks for the clarification, this entire time I thought Pacquiao was a Cruiserweight.

Size doesn't matter that much in boxing.
                    A great little guy beats a good big guy, or at least has a really good chance.

PLEASE do not put hatton with welterweights...good welterweights. Hatton went into ring scared like fighters would enter ring against tyson.
                    I'm not. I simply made a point about Pacquiao's POWER. Obviously it went way over your head.

Comment

I respect pacman but are fans blind?? Have you seen the fighters that pacman has fought and the fighters that cotto has fought. Let me see..... i'll take clottey over Marquez, morales, hatton(lol),Solis, etc, etc. PLEASE people....Cotto is NOT HATTON, morales, solis, statue oscar, etc, etc. Trust me, this fight might never happen because of all the conditions that the pacman camp will put on cotto. If cotto goes below 145 then i'll swing my vote to pacman by a slim margin.

Comment

Working...
                      X