No announcement yet.

Magna Carta Holy FAIL........

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
    Exactly. There's a difference between a rapper and a lyricist, but in the end they're all emcee's. Very few emcee's have been as good with words as Eminem.

All Rakim is saying here is this.............If Eminem was black, he may not have sold as many records, probably 1/2 or 2/3 of what he has, but he would have been the Muhammad Ali of rap to everyone, meaning all the brothers that never gave him a chance would have been on hos jock too. It goes both ways. But still, look at Kanye. Kanye is black and is universally loved by white critics and white hip hop listeners. So there's still a chance Eminem would have been as big if he was black, Kanye's skin didn't stop him from being loved by white america in terms of his music. And Kanye isn't 1/10 the emcee Em is.

Eminem wold have been dope if he was a purple alien or some s**t. Color doesn't matter if you're dope, but some people just get pissed seeing some white boy that can spit better than 99.999999% of all other emcee's. Em's legacy has been set since Eminem Show, he's one of the greats along with Nas, Rakim, Pac, Biggie, KRS, L, and so on.
    exactly.

you see how much of a ***** the interviewer was? calling Eminem a clown and all that ****. saying he shouldn't act gangster cuz it doesn't suit him. lol. Does he not know where Eminem grew up. Typical hater.

Comment

Originally posted by -Swizzy- View Post
      exactly.

you see how much of a ***** the interviewer was? calling Eminem a clown and all that ****. saying he shouldn't act gangster cuz it doesn't suit him. lol. Does he not know where Eminem grew up. Typical hater.
      I think Eminem is better doing his personal tracks or his straight punchline lyrical tracks. But he's been on good "street" records where he sounded dope still. There They Go by Obie Trice, Em sounded good there. You Don't Know on Re-Up wasn't a great track, but Em's verse wasn't too bad. His verses on Dead Wrong, Forever, Patiently Waiting, My Name, Go To Sleep, It Has Been Said, How Come, they showed Em can spit on "street tracks".

If anything, the reason why I got into Eminem was because, aside from being a dope emcee lyrically, he was a breath of fresh air from all the gangster and street hip hop. Let me put it to you this way, Em could do street better than other greats could do Em.

There's certain emcee's that lack certain skills technically, 2Pac most notably....but he made great music and you could hear the emotion and passion in what he was saying. To me Em, on top of being one of the best lyricists ever, also has a certain passion and emotion in most his music that separates him from others.

But the interview guy there, clearly he's not en Em fan. It's all good. But even those that hate the guy should give respect where it's due. Em would murk Scarface lyrically, I'm sorry. Scarface was dope with Geto Boys and on his own, but he doesn't have the vocabulary or the technical skill of emceeing like Eminem, Nas, and others.

And to me, a perfect example of Eminem making songs about where he grew up, would be 8 Mile Road. Give me a Lose Yourself or 8 Mile Road over a street record any day.
      Last edited by 4Corners; 07-12-2013, 12:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
        I think Eminem is better doing his personal tracks or his straight punchline lyrical tracks. But he's been on good "street" records where he sounded dope still. There They Go by Obie Trice, Em sounded good there. You Don't Know on Re-Up wasn't a great track, but Em's verse wasn't too bad. His verses on Dead Wrong, Forever, Patiently Waiting, My Name, Go To Sleep, It Has Been Said, How Come, they showed Em can spit on "street tracks".

If anything, the reason why I got into Eminem was because, aside from being a dope emcee lyrically, he was a breath of fresh air from all the gangster and street hip hop. Let me put it to you this way, Em could do street better than other greats could do Em.

There's certain emcee's that lack certain skills technically, 2Pac most notably....but he made great music and you could hear the emotion and passion in what he was saying. To me Em, on top of being one of the best lyricists ever, also has a certain passion and emotion in most his music that separates him from others.

But the interview guy there, clearly he's not en Em fan. It's all good. But even those that hate the guy should give respect where it's due. Em would murk Scarface lyrically, I'm sorry. Scarface was dope with Geto Boys and on his own, but he doesn't have the vocabulary or the technical skill of emceeing like Eminem, Nas, and others.

And to me, a perfect example of Eminem making songs about where he grew up, would be 8 Mile Road. Give me a Lose Yourself or 8 Mile Road over a street record any day.
        well said. you pretty much summed it up.

I don't care if ppl don't like Eminem, but at least have a rational reason for not liking him. Like that guy in the interview it was pretty clear in the tone of his voice and what he was saying that he just didn't like him because he was white. He felt so disgusted when Rakim said Eminem is the best.

Comment

First I want to say. I know the difference between rappers and lyricists. As a guy who puts Common as his #1 favorite rapper. Yeah.

Anyways. I said Em was good but dudes go way above and beyond rating this guy. Like the Pacquiao fad. Yes, he's good but wtf making him top 20 atg? (Obvi top 20 boxing is much different than top 20 hiphop/rap)

I'm not blown away by Em. You guys may sit there and listen to that till I collapse shyt and have your mind blown. Its just not mind blowing for me. Unlike when I listen to after you die by Rakim or just a simple Nas track like made you look. Or the light by common. Little weapon by Lupe Fiasco.

Just different response to the music. Em is a quality artist. I just don't rate him top 3 like dudes on here were back when that goat topic popped up and dudes were saying he's the g.o.a.t that's clearly overrating.

Comment

Originally posted by spytactics View Post
            Rap music is for teenagers. Jay Z being 40 and rapping to teenagers is rediculous.
            This............

Comment

mchg was rubbish. tom ford is a dreadful song. the beat is quite good though.

in the advert that was shown for the album, it had rick rubin, pharrell, swizz, timbaland. but timbaland is the only producer so that was misleading. jay's heart wasnt in this album, i dont like the majority of the songs on it. I think it was purely an experimental thing, he had changed his style quite a few times during the album, he did the thing asap rocky does with his voice, makes it go higher.

yeezus and MCHG were both garbage...

Comment

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
                First I want to say. I know the difference between rappers and lyricists. As a guy who puts Common as his #1 favorite rapper. Yeah.

Anyways. I said Em was good but dudes go way above and beyond rating this guy. Like the Pacquiao fad. Yes, he's good but wtf making him top 20 atg? (Obvi top 20 boxing is much different than top 20 hiphop/rap)

I'm not blown away by Em. You guys may sit there and listen to that till I collapse shyt and have your mind blown. Its just not mind blowing for me. Unlike when I listen to after you die by Rakim or just a simple Nas track like made you look. Or the light by common. Little weapon by Lupe Fiasco.

Just different response to the music. Em is a quality artist. I just don't rate him top 3 like dudes on here were back when that goat topic popped up and dudes were saying he's the g.o.a.t that's clearly overrating.
                Music is opinions man. Lyrically, he's one of the best. Theres nothing the guy cant do on a mic. Most credible lists will have him at least in the Top 20, plenty have him in vb the Top 10. Its all opinions. Rakim thinks he's one of the greatest, his opinion. I **** with Commo, to me hes just outside the Top 10 but plenty have him in the Top 10. I find it hard to believe you could hear Stan and not be blown away by it. The whole concept was rare and genius.

But its opinions. Lupe was a weak throw out there, theres nothing Lupe does on the mic that Em couldn't do or do better. Lupe's iiight but people overrate him because he came out while rap was in its roughest patch a few years ago.

Comment

Dope album, it is for older cats that can comprehend some of the **** he speaks of. Def not as lyrical as say reasonable doubt but a damn good album to play in its entirety imo. That rick ross joint, tom ford song were the only ones I prefer to skip. The beyonce track is good when your riding around w your broad so she can enjoy the album more. Jay isn't lying about **** on the album, and why? because you know he is on top unlike these pretend other rappers fabricating their reality. Jay wasn't always one of my favs but dude spits that ish ya'll wish you were all livin!! 4/5 easy money. The modern day picasso baby.......

Comment

Working...
                  X