Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ricky Hatton Hopes To Build Boxing's Popularity in China

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Ricky Hatton Hopes To Build Boxing's Popularity in China

Former world champion Ricky Hatton says that he hopes to find his successor in Asia, with the popular Briton homing in on the region in the hope of unearthing the next big thing in boxing.

A former world light-welterweight and welterweight champion, the 34-year-old Hatton was knocked out on his return to the ring last month, and insists that he will not be coming out of retirement again.

It was time to move on, he said in Hong Kong, where he staged a night of boxing on Tuesday under the Asia-Pacific arm of Hatton Promotions, which has set up an office in the southern Chinese city.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Are they able to turn pro though?

I know they are becoming more capitalist in their economy, but socially there still quite dictatorial...

If they are then this could be a great shout from Hatton, a good world champ from China would have a fan base bigger than probably any boxer has seen.

Comment

good moves by ricky

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
        Are they able to turn pro though?

I know they are becoming more capitalist in their economy, but socially there still quite dictatorial...

If they are then this could be a great shout from Hatton, a good world champ from China would have a fan base bigger than probably any boxer has seen.
        Xiong Zhao Zhong sold out a 40k stadium for China's first title win just recently. It was the top sport story in the country on the day and is probably still trending on Yahoo China.

Comment

Big money involved if he can get it to work.

Would do well to take some of our boys over there and match 'em with Asian fighters. I'm thinking the likes of Quigg, Dickens etc who would benefit off the wealth of lower weight talent over there.

Comment

Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post
            Big money involved if he can get it to work.

Would do well to take some of our boys over there and match 'em with Asian fighters. I'm thinking the likes of Quigg, Dickens etc who would benefit off the wealth of lower weight talent over there.
            Between Pakistan, China and India it's a growing region for boxing. I think they'd be better off getting some world series format cards and pitting those countries against each other.

Comment

Originally posted by croz View Post
              Xiong Zhao Zhong sold out a 40k stadium for China's first title win just recently. It was the top sport story in the country on the day and is probably still trending on Yahoo China.
              Well there you go then!

Great moves by Ricky...

Comment

Working...
              X