Sergey Kovalev at Heavyweight..?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by El-blanco View Post
    If wlad was as **** as valuev I'd agree lol
    Wlad would probably Win by KO, however I give Kovalev at heavyweight an punchers chance. He just needs to land. Wlads borderline-legal defence show his own doubts about his chins vulnerability

Comment

This is the worst idea I've seen since Mickey Bey went in for the kill against John Molina.

Comment

Originally posted by Golovkin View Post
        I'd prefer to see Golovkin get a crack at a HW. He has been sparring and beating the hell out of HWs for years now. I would literally go all in on Golovkin against a Klitschko, that's how confident I am of Golovkin's greatness. His power and chin are just too much.
        lol

Originally posted by El-blanco View Post
        Maybe thirty years ago he'd have a chance, guys nowadays are just way too big. He'd get murdered by wlad. 6'6 245 vs 6' 205 probably wont end well. That being said I think he'd do great at cruiser or vs smaller heavies.
        Sergey very well could be a great cruiserweight champ. Has great snap and power in his punches from all angles. A little small, but his power is a huge asset.
        As for the heavyweight division, those guys are simply too big. Sergey and GGG for that matter have great power for their respected division's but HW is a different ball game. If James Toney fought like a boxer puncher or brawler he would have been KTFO'd. To be a small heavyweight this day in age you need to be a formidable counter puncher. The only reason Toney hung in so long with the heavyweights was because his shoulder rolling counter punching style was bar none. Sure I'd give GGG and Sergey the nod over guys like Chisora (maybe) But Haye or Wlad? No

Comment

Originally posted by [T][B][E] View Post
          How tall is povotkin? He just need good strength and condition coach to pack more mucle on.
          Sasha's 6'2" (off the top of my head) but they're entirely different builds - I ain't saying it's impossible, but Sergei just doesn't seem to have the right kinda shape to bulk up. Mind you - I would never have thought Roy could ever fight at HW either, but that was a kinda special case for a specific goal against a specific opponent - Roy wasn't looking for a HW career just a HW belt, kinda like Cotto at MW.

Comment

He is at his correct weight now. He should just stay there and dominate. There is a guy named Wlad who is rock hard at near 250 pounds and he is a vicious puncher. Kovalev would be very strong at 190 and maybe beat all the cruiserweights but I think Wlad and maybe a couple of other heavyweights would be too powerful for him. He is a great light heavyweight and nobody can beat him at that weight. Why should he risk a loss by fighting at a weight he does not belong at against naturally bigger men?

Comment

Kovalev could probably move to cruiserweight at the highest and do well but not heavyweight even though I think he could beat Pulev if he fights the same way he fought against Hopkins. It's just too much work to try to fight heavyweights for someone like Kovalev. Roy Jones Jr. did it against John Ruiz for one fight so that's why I think Kovalev could be successful against someone slow like Pulev. It would have to be a one fight type of deal. Perhaps Kovalev could fight Denis Lebedev for his cruiserweight belt in Russia.

Comment

He'd get killed. Hell cruiserweights would be too big for him at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by creekrat77 View Post
                  lol

Sergey very well could be a great cruiserweight champ. Has great snap and power in his punches from all angles. A little small, but his power is a huge asset.
                  As for the heavyweight division, those guys are simply too big. Sergey and GGG for that matter have great power for their respected division's but HW is a different ball game. If James Toney fought like a boxer puncher or brawler he would have been KTFO'd. To be a small heavyweight this day in age you need to be a formidable counter puncher. The only reason Toney hung in so long with the heavyweights was because his shoulder rolling counter punching style was bar none. Sure I'd give GGG and Sergey the nod over guys like Chisora (maybe) But Haye or Wlad? No
                  You're crazy chisora would maul GGG and kovalev.

Comment

Originally posted by Golovkin View Post
                    I'd prefer to see Golovkin get a crack at a HW. He has been sparring and beating the hell out of HWs for years now. I would literally go all in on Golovkin against a Klitschko, that's how confident I am of Golovkin's greatness. His power and chin are just too much.
                    Youre consistently hilarious! Awesome

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post

He's too small.
                      I can't imagine Guillermo Jones as a fricken welterweight. Dude is massive.

Comment

Working...
                      X