Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Leo Santa Cruz Will Soon Move Up To Featherweight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cruz has a better chance at success as a FW than Mares because of his height.

Mares at 5'4 1/2 never had a chance at being a good Featherweight imo. Cruz does IF he can learn defense..

Comment

all 122 fighter to fear guillermo rigondeaux

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
        I think so too. He may throw a lot, but he doesn't throw carelessly. He somehow manages real accuracy with that activity. And he'll dig and dig and dig to the body. His defense isn't half as bad as most this site would say going into a fight.

Most likely, Santa Cruz isn't ready for the style, skill, and overwhelming experience Rigondeaux brings. But I want to actually see it, rather than guess at it.
        A lot of people seem to want to see mismatches here. Maybe Golden Boy will get back to providing more of them, so naive boxing fans can witness more one-sided beatdowns. Again, Santa Cruz is not on Rigo's level, nor will he ever be. GBP needs to keep feeding him run-of-the-mill opponents.

Comment

LSC is like the baby huey of 122lb division he needs to move up in order for us to really know if he's the goods. It's easy to look good when your as big as he is and your a brawler mauling down smaller dudes.

Comment

Originally posted by 285Kid View Post
            Rigo to showtime is not happening til he get 2 more fights on HBO , then he can jump ship to showtime
            This is precisely why Leo stated he will do only two defenses of his title at 122... When Rigo is supposed to jump into the GBP there will be no Leo at 122.

Comment

"I don't care who I fight next. I'll fight anybody. Whatever Golden Boy and my manager Al Haymon tells me."

Classic Al Haymon boxer response: I'LL FIGHT ANYBODY! ANYONE CAN GET IT! ....but its up to Al

Comment

A fight with Kiko Martinez would be exciting, a war since the first bell... let's do it

Comment

Leo Santa Cruz vs Kiko Martinez would be exciting but Santa Cruz would crush him.

Comment

Originally posted by torosboxing75 View Post
                    LSC is like the baby huey of 122lb division he needs to move up in order for us to really know if he's the goods. It's easy to look good when your as big as he is and your a brawler mauling down smaller dudes.
                    Dude WTF? Terrazas looked bigger/stronger than Santa Cruz, until Leo turned into a whirlwind and rolled him (but because of his ability not by simply overpowering him).

Comment

Working...
                    X