Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would Alvarado win the rematch if he stays on the outside?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would Alvarado win the rematch if he stays on the outside?

Alvarado was making Rios look silly on the outside. I reckon he will stay on the outside this time around and accept the fact that he can't **** with Rios on the inside.. This is why Rios is ducking Bradley, his ears will be boxed off..

Alvarado would piss the fans off if he boxed on the outside and clinched on the inside.. But his chances increase of winning tho..

Great rematch

Nope.

Why cause Rios will get him with a straight.

Comment

it's a possibility but i think rios could still initiate and take him out later. if i remember correctly alvarado's jab was giving rios problems for a couple of rounds. the thing about alvarado though is that while he likes to box he also likes to brawl so there will be openings for rios no matter what.

Comment

Nope.............

Comment

He can't stay on the outside it's just not his game. He did his pretend boxer thing as well as he could the first time.

Comment

Well I think the way to beat Rios is by keeping him at long range so would Alvarado win if he manages to do that? Maybe. But I doubt Alvarado has the ability or the desire to do that. I think the rematch will basically be a replay of the first fight, except that maybe Rios will have a little bit of an easier time getting the stoppage.

Comment

I agree with most everyone here. Alverado won't stay on the outside the entire fight and will engage often enough to get hit good by Rios. It may go the distance this time, but I'm thinking it will end in KO again with Rios winning. I'd rather see Rios fight someone else, but that's Top Rank for you.

Comment

That would help Alvarado but I don't think he is capable of just staying on the outside he just is not that sort of fighter. Still the more he focused on the outside the better off he would be.

Comment

If I was training Alvarado I would be watching cotto-margarito II and Martinez-Chavez jr a lot.

Comment

Anyone that fights Rios needs to work the body early in the fight. Rios has been hurt bad a few times from body shots and looked like he was ready to go against Acosta.

Comment

Working...
                    X