No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Insider Notebook: Martinez's Fury, Ward's Win, Molina

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Insider Notebook: Martinez's Fury, Ward's Win, Molina

By Robert Morales - Sergio Martinez patiently answered questions Monday from one reporter after another at Fortune's Gym on famous Sunset Blvd. in Hollywood. His replies were quick, but to the point.

During a period with a reporter from BoxingScene.com, Martinez was asked about his fight Saturday with middleweight champion Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. at Thomas & Mack Center
    in Las Vegas seemingly being much more personal than is typical for one of his fights.

"Yeah, I think it's more personal now," he said. "He took it personal, I didn't."

Enough has been said to know that this is personal - on both sides. Martinez's promoter, Lou DiBella, interrupted

When he was being queried about this subject.

"Is he taking this personally? Oh, yeah; oh, yeah," DiBella said. "And I really do believe that these guys don't like one another. People say that all the time, but he feels like his belt was taken by Chavez unfairly. Chavez and the old man (Chavez Sr.) have talked a lot of s**t about him and he's talked a lot of s**t about them, which is not his way.

"Early in the promotion and throughout the course of the promotion, Sergio's done more bantering back and forth and taken more shots than I've ever heard him take before. In fact, his trademark before was never to take a pot-shot at anybody. This one, he's taking personal." [Click Here To Read More]

Warrrrrr martinez **** chavesita ***** ass

Comment

Sorry Jack but YOU didn't do the right thing !! You say you're there to protect the fighter from unnecessary harm ?? Where were you when John was getting hit on back of the head ( at least 7 times ) ?? At that moment you should have stopped warned DeMarco for illegal hitting on back of the head, instead you just let it go or at the moment John was sitting on the ropes you should have given him an 8 count, then proceed to ask him if he was ok to continue....You didn't do any of that !! A fight of this magnitude a "world championship" fight deserves just that a "world championship fight". You took away from the fans but most of all you shattered a fighters dream to become a world champion....I have alot of faith on John Molina Jr. I know he'll be back with a vengeance...I really do feel sorry for his first opponent he faces !!

Comment

The DeMarco/Molina affair was just a bizarre chain of events, plain and simple. Nothing new in this sport.

Comment

It worries me that all of Chavez's insults are getting to Martinez that's exactly what happened to Khan...Chavez is making completely false accusations and using whatever tactics to get in his head because he knows Martinez is a much better boxer than him, I just hope that Martinez retains his composure, as he usually does, that will get him the victory on Sept 15. And DAMN BOB ARUM for saying Chavez had a tougher road to get to where he is at than Martinez, how dare he say something so ignorant and foolish. I hope with all my heart that Martinez wins and ends the endless corruption people like bob Arum and Chavez have brought to the sport we all love.

Comment

Working...
          X