This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by xfrodobagginsx View Post
    I've got the george foreman grill, it really KNOCKS OUT the fat.

Comment

• Floyd fans are already in heaven tonight.

Comment

• Originally posted by xfrodobagginsx View Post
        I've got the george foreman grill, it really KNOCKS OUT the fat.
        Dont bump this thread unless u wana go toe to toe on matters of faith u little sod.

Comment

• Ok, let's go. Give it your best shot. What are you contending?

What would you like to discuss?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobby Pazuzu View Post
            I asked how do people KNOW there is a God?

Faith; To believe without reason:
            Believing impulsively, or believing based upon social traditions or personal hopes.
            In either case, faith is based upon the interpretation of the intangible (feelings, emotions, etc.) instead of the physically tangible and is primarily associated with religion in modern times.

According to the Bible, "faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see" (Hebrews 11:1, New International Version).

Surley the existance in God can be disputed if not disproven. .
            Originally posted by Bobby Pazuzu View Post
            There are arguments for and against creation, but that still must leave the idea of a God questionable, and therefore how can anyone devote their lives to somthing that may or may not exist?

And i am not trying to suggest there is no God. I am just trying to simply understand how it is possible for anyone to say the bible is THE word of God, when they havent researched all other avenues such as; ancient pre-biblical scripture, historical theology, biblical archeology, pre-biblical cultures beliefs and religions, astronomy that relates to the bible, ancient mythology, evolutionary biology, religious physchology, Henotheism, Ignosticism, Polytheism, Theodicy, Deism, Panentheism, Metaphysics, Unitarianism, Mysticism, and all manner of philosophy relating to the bible etc etc etc....

Surely before being so certain that your faith is the right one, and especially telling others that their faith or lack of faith is wrong, u must be an expert in all manner of religion and theology? And maybe that means looking at theories that suggest Christianity is not the truth. For u must hear the other side of the argument before strengthening ur own.

To say u believe in God based purely on faith is fine. The intangible feeling or belief there is a God cannot be disproven and doesnt rely on evidence. It is a personal and sacred experience.
            Although it could be explained through psychology and/or social and environmental factors, it should still be respected by all. And if u chose to leave ur faith unexamined then no one has a right to 'disprove' u.

My issue is only with those who believe it is their right to suggest a 'non-believer' needs to change in order to be accepted by God or suffer eternal and unimaginable punishment.

Originally posted by Bobby Pazuzu View Post
            If ur belief are purely based on the bible, and if ur faith is truly strong enough, i want u to ask urself this...

If we, as Gods creation lack the ability despite all efforts to comprehend Him, and yet are told that is the single most important part of our existence, then isnt Gods system is a flawed one. Not because God is flawed, but because His creation is.

If God words are indeed perfect, why would he choose an imperfect vehicle to propagate them? i.e. humans and our limited intelligence. Just look at our history of war, ironically documented in the old testament.

Can mere doubt and questioning of the existence of God be considered a crime worthy of eternal torment and suffering, whilst also the essence of our intelligence?

One last thing...if the bible was perfect we would have a single version, not hundreds each with different translations and such diverse interpretations. The bible would be understood without any questions.
            Originally posted by xfrodobagginsx View Post
            Ok, let's go. Give it your best shot. What are you contending?

What would you like to discuss?
            /\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

Comment

• Originally Posted by Bobby Pazuzu
              If ur belief are purely based on the bible, and if ur faith is truly strong enough, i want u to ask urself this...

If we, as Gods creation lack the ability despite all efforts to comprehend Him, and yet are told that is the single most important part of our existence, then isnt Gods system is a flawed one. Not because God is flawed, but because His creation is.

no really, i think God knows we can't understand, we get points for trying. God wouldn't expect something imperfect to understand perfection anymore than you'd expect an ant or a fly to understand you

If God words are indeed perfect, why would he choose an imperfect vehicle to propagate them? i.e. humans and our limited intelligence. Just look at our history of war, ironically documented in the old testament.

what other choice is there? thjere's ony one perfect being in the universe - God - anything else is gonna be a lot less.

Can mere doubt and questioning of the existence of God be considered a crime worthy of eternal torment and suffering, whilst also the essence of our intelligence?

it's not, rejection of God isn't so much a crime as a case of people getting what they asked for - existence without God

One last thing...if the bible was perfect we would have a single version, not hundreds each with different translations and such diverse interpretations. The bible would be understood without any questions.

they're not that different, it's just people have different rules or different parts they choose to empahsize over others

Comment

• it's not, rejection of God isn't so much a crime as a case of people getting what they asked for - existence without God

they're not that different, it's just people have different rules or different parts they choose to empahsize over others
                [/QUOTE]

Filth...what is it with u and that quote button?

The first part, i dont getcha. The second, my point was that people debate the bible so much, believers, non believers. If it was gods word and god wanted us to understand it, why is their so much debate over it and what it means?

If i wanted to tell u somthing which was of the upmost importance, i wouldnt whisper it in a polish hookers ear and give her ur address.

Comment

• So we dont need to worship him, but we do, but then again he loves us either way, but yet he's going to burn us in a pit of fire?

But wait, he still loves us?

Comment

• Filth...what is it with u and that quote button?

The first part, i dont getcha. The second, my point was that people debate the bible so much, believers, non believers. If it was gods word and god wanted us to understand it, why is their so much debate over it and what it means?

If i wanted to tell u somthing which was of the upmost importance, i wouldnt whisper it in a polish hookers ear and give her ur address.[/QUOTE]

i would whisper it into the polish hookers ear - everybody is gonna bang the hooker, eventually it'll get around.

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                      X