Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Vernon Forrest fighting on the Taylor-Froch undercard?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mitruth View Post
    Naseem Hamed and JMM maybe? I sure there others I cant think of at the moment.
    Vitali and Hasim Rahman comes to mind as well.

Comment

Originally posted by mitruth View Post
      Naseem Hamed and JMM maybe? I sure there others I cant think of at the moment.

Good example.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
        Vitali and Hasim Rahman comes to mind as well.
        The difference there was that Vitali kept getting injured and didn't fight anyone else. Forrest is pretending like Martinez doesn't even exist.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
          The difference there was that Vitali kept getting injured and didn't fight anyone else. Forrest is pretending like Martinez doesn't even exist.
          Kept getting injured my ass. He canceled four times...FOUR. Then retired. He wasn't gonna fight Rahman, plain and simple.

Comment

Kept getting injured my ass. He canceled four times...FOUR. Then retired. He wasn't gonna fight Rahman, plain and simple.
            You don't make any money for not fighting. The injuries forced Vitali to step away. Do you really think he feared Hasim Rahman? Do you really think that fight would have been competitive, then or now?

Comment

Is the WBC going to finally strip Forrest of his title?

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
                You don't make any money for not fighting. The injuries forced Vitali to step away. Do you really think he feared Hasim Rahman? Do you really think that fight would have been competitive, then or now?
                I could accept that, but the problem is that Vitali was trying to make Maskaev his mandatory instead during all these injuries, and then retired after Maskaev was not an option.

which is just plain strange, since Rahman would have gotten a one sided ass kicking...

Comment

Why would Vitali duck a mediocre heavyweight like Rahman? Hasim would have been an easy win for him.

No, Vitali was injured and had to retire.

Comment

Originally posted by blackirish137 View Post
                    I could accept that, but the problem is that Vitali was trying to make Maskaev his mandatory instead during all these injuries, and then retired after Maskaev was not an option.

which is just plain strange, since Rahman would have gotten a one sided ass kicking...
                    He wasn't "trying to make Maskaev his mandatory" at that time.

Comment

Originally posted by blackirish137 View Post

Vitali was trying to fight Calvin Brock instead

Comment

Working...
                      X