Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where does Cotto rank amongst your most over hyped boxers?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Far from a journeyman a respectable fighter who should get into the hall of fame...but his resume is overrated to be honest..he seems to get credit for his losses and 3 out of his 5 titles were vacant titles and the other 2 were from handicapped fighters..but he is a damn good fighter just not a great one

Comment

Originally posted by TheRichCoward View Post
      Career journeyman, never had it at the elite level. What are your thoughts?
      What??? Cotto isnt overhyped at all, he wouldnt have been a 3 division champ and known for fighting the best win or lose if he was overhyped as you claim..

Comment

He'd beat Trout in a rematch. Cotto has made some very good changes. Trout...not so much. But there is no money in Trout, and apparently Cotto doesn't care about that loss enough to evenge it.

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
          Far from a journeyman a respectable fighter who should get into the hall of fame...but his resume is overrated to be honest..he seems to get credit for his losses and 3 out of his 5 titles were vacant titles and the other 2 were from handicapped fighters..but he is a damn good fighter just not a great one
          What credit does he get for a loss? It's on Margarito for the cheating speculation and Manny for asking for the catchweight. Knowing this is you, I assume you're referring to the credit he got for giving Floyd a tough fight, which I'm sure you didn't see as close He gave Floyd more trouble with his defense than anyone has in years and it's constantly ignored.

Martinez got dropped cold and never looked the same. Foreman was getting soundly beaten before his knee gave on him.

He is a legitimate great fighter and the lineage he claimed at MW confirms that.

Originally posted by jazluvr View Post
          He'd beat Trout in a rematch. Cotto has made some very good changes. Trout...not so much. But there is no money in Trout, and apparently Cotto doesn't care about that loss enough to evenge it.
          Cotto beats Trout relatively wide on the cards, maybe 8-4 or 9-3 now.

Comment

He's ranked right before your father who wasted his prime having such a half brain hater as yourself

Comment

Originally posted by El Angel View Post
              What credit does he get for a loss? It's on Margarito for the cheating speculation and Manny for asking for the catchweight. Knowing this is you, I assume you're referring to the credit he got for giving Floyd a tough fight, which I'm sure you didn't see as close He gave Floyd more trouble with his defense than anyone has in years and it's constantly ignored.

Martinez got dropped cold and never looked the same. Foreman was getting soundly beaten before his knee gave on him.

He is a legitimate great fighter and the lineage he claimed at MW confirms that.

No all i was saying is he gets credit for taking tough fights and losing....i do give him credit for taking those good fights..and yes he gave Floyd a damn good fight much closer then the score cards say it was...but Foreman and Martinez both were injured BEFORE the fight and that is a fact man..but they signed the contract so that is on them

Comment

Originally posted by El Angel View Post

Trout beat Cotto like 10-2 or 9-3 lol.

And lol at these excuses, that 1 pound less he came in as compared to his last 4-5 fights didn't do sheit... just more excuses from these gay ass emotional delusional Cotto fans.

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
                  No all i was saying is he gets credit for taking tough fights and losing....i do give him credit for taking those good fights..and yes he gave Floyd a damn good fight much closer then the score cards say it was...but Foreman and Martinez both were injured BEFORE the fight and that is a fact man..but they signed the contract so that is on them
                  Ah misunderstood you Larry. But Foreman has had that injury for years before the Cotto fight and had opted for no surgery. I know Sergio wasn't 100% that night, but that amount of people that said even "60% Sergio KO's Cotto" was ridiculous and disrespectful.

If he beats Canelo, would that change how you rank him as "a very good, but not great" fighter?

Originally posted by Hype job View Post
                  Trout beat Cotto like 10-2 or 9-3 lol.

And lol at these excuses, that 1 pound less he came in as compared to his last 4-5 fights didn't do sheit... just more excuses from these gay ass emotional delusional Cotto fans.
                  I have no excuse for MP kicking his ass. He lost to the better fighter. I just hate how Pacquiao fans act like the CW was done to adjust Manny to WW and not to drain Cotto

And if you seriously had Trout winning 10 rounds, boxing is not the sport for you.

Comment

IMO Cotto's skills aren't the best out there, but his heart is one of the bigger ones. He has to work to win fights, so I respect him highly.

Even though people get on Miguel for taking a knee in Margs 1, that was one of the most action/drama fights I have ever seen!

Comment

Worst thread I've seen in awhile. Cotto has fought everyone out there and has four losses, ya real journeyman. He beat all these guys in their prime.

Bailey
                      Torres
                      Paulie
                      Mosley
                      Corley
                      Judah
                      Sosa
                      Bronco
                      Quintana
                      Clottey

He's everything that's right with boxing, fighting all the top challengers. And yet your dumb ass wants to criticize him because you don't like his fans or because he's Puerto Rican. GTFOH. Stupidest thread.

Comment

Working...
                      X