Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Kelly Pavlik Discusses Training in Cali With Robert Garcia

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Kelly Pavlik Discusses Training in Cali With Robert Garcia

Earlier this week on The Boxing Lab we welcomed former middleweight king Kelly Pavlik to the show.

[Click Here To Read More]

I agree. You can't change a verteran boxer. That idea is so stupid. Improve and add to his skillset yes, but you can't change a boxer. Look at the farce with Hatton and Mayweather as his trainer. Bad example cause Hatton wasn't in it mentally, but still it wouldn't work.

Comment

Originally posted by ManBearG-Dog View Post
      I agree. You can't change a verteran boxer. That idea is so stupid. Improve and add to his skillset yes, but you can't change a boxer. Look at the farce with Hatton and Mayweather as his trainer. Bad example cause Hatton wasn't in it mentally, but still it wouldn't work.
      Terrible example because Hatton was terrific when he fought Malignaggi with Mayweather Sr as his trainer. Againtst Pac he just got blown out, its boxing and that can happen to any fighter. Mayweather even said he didn't want to change Hatton he just wanted to add a few little things to his repertoire. I do agree though you shouldnt change a fighter that is that far into the game.

Comment

Haven't we heard all of this before! Is a matter of fact is a bit unfare to the fighter... what is he gonna say... "I hate it here I want to go back home".

I remember Kirkland saying how fantastic his camp was after he left Wolf... to reunite after a TKO lost.

Hell... ODH loved every single trainer he had... they were all the "best".... until he got his arce handed to him.

Lets see how he performeces... by mark my words... if he look like baby puppy one or tow fights from now.... we will be reading an article on how he reunited with his longtime trainer and how he is the BEST.

Comment

Originally posted by HattonFaithful View Post
          Terrible example because Hatton was terrific when he fought Malignaggi with Mayweather Sr as his trainer. Againtst Pac he just got blown out, its boxing and that can happen to any fighter. Mayweather even said he didn't want to change Hatton he just wanted to add a few little things to his repertoire. I do agree though you shouldnt change a fighter that is that far into the game.
          People seem to forget this..

Hatton was GAWD Status against Paulie. Eventhough paulie is a light hitting type of dude Hatton just straight Outboxed and Outtoughed Malignaggi

Comment

Working...
          X