No announcement yet.

Media Pressure

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Media Pressure

How much global media bashing can one man take? For example, here you have the Japanese going in hard on Manny using a computer to turn him into a chicken.

http://youtu.be/LRE4QvgxBbo

The media seemed to have a big impact on Mike Tyson (in a negative way). Media bashing got to Floyd mentally also. You all can name many more than I can think of, but it seems like the Media could make anybody fold. In Manny's case he's not only getting it from the U.S. but from Asian countries as well (including the Philippines). If you were famous would you simply avoid what's written on websites and shown on the news?

Oh it will get to him, look how he told his people to be real Filipinos, for saying Marquez won.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.0pal View Post
      How much global media bashing can one man take? For example, here you have the Japanese going in hard on Manny using a computer to turn him into a chicken.

http://youtu.be/LRE4QvgxBbo

The media seemed to have a big impact on Mike Tyson (in a negative way). Media bashing got to Floyd mentally also. You all can name many more than I can think of, but it seems like the Media could make anybody fold. In Manny's case he's not only getting it from the U.S. but from Asian countries as well (including the Philippines). If you were famous would you simply avoid what's written on websites and shown on the news?
      I don't think anyone can avoid what the Media is going to say. It is part of the territory.

Comment

Thing is though, they gave the dude a pass when he refused to do the drug testing and bashed the other guy that asked. They FINALLY get it now, only took a few years. But whatever, I thought this pressure would get him to fight, doesn't look like it. As such, I'm mad as a fan of boxing. Actually, I'm pissed.

Comment

Working...
        X