Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did you like the controls to the new Fight Night Round 4?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did you like the controls to the new Fight Night Round 4?

I didn't, as I expected when I wanted to throw an uppercut it wouldn't... I don't like em, don't hate me because I didn't like it I really did try to give it a chance. I'm sure some of you love it and thats good and dandy, and I'm not cancelling my pre-order though because the graphics are very pretty I'm just hoping they allow different configuration when the game is released.

Good graphics don't make a good game, needs to have good gameplay to go with it... Ashame, unless they add configuration options to the game when it releases. This game is a disappointment, throwing random punches with the analog stick. **** gameplay.
    Love the new controls
    40.91%
    Hate them
    13.64%
    Hate them but still looking forward to the game and hope they allow buttons
    45.45%
    Last edited by ACHlLLES; 05-15-2009, 06:12 PM.

I don't understand why so many people complain. Not all games have alternative control styles. Fight Night 4 does and once the retail game comes out you'll have several to choose from.

Here's an idea though, why don't you just practice and get good with the controls?

That's what I did waaaaay back on the very first fight night. I didn't even bother looking at the other controls, i simply masted the default controls, since TPC was the way the game was intended to play. It's really not that hard and once you get it down, it's very natural. Right uppercut? No problem. Left hook to the body? simple. etc.

It was a little hard at first for me to get the body shots down, but now that I have it's easy as ****.

Comment

I am pretty sure FN4 is only having 1 control scheme. They dont want anyone having an advantage over someone else. I am pretty sure you will see whats on the demo as far as control lay outs and thats it.

Comment

Originally posted by Corizz View Post
        I am pretty sure FN4 is only having 1 control scheme. They dont want anyone having an advantage over someone else. I am pretty sure you will see whats on the demo as far as control lay outs and thats it.
        If that is it... I might not buy the game, I'm going to wait until reviews. The control scheme is dumb as far as I'm concerned. I like to throw my shots not random punches like the analogstick control ends up doing. I reserved the game with 5 dollars, but I'm not paying the other 55 bucks if these controls are final.

Comment

Originally posted by Corizz View Post
          even in the demo you can see various control schemes (you cant select them though), so no that's not simply not true.

Comment

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...uttons-ea.html

Is a thread discussing why EA wont at least put it in for offline use.

I know there was a thread at OS about only analog punching and no other options.

I only looked for a bit, but i gotta go for a few, so when i get back, i will dig it up. I am still sure there is only Total Control and thats it.

Comment

I've followed FNR4 since its announce date, and from what I hear, theres going to be no button config. EA thinks its meant to be played with TPC, and they're kinda right, however i use buttons cause i'm too hard on my controllers analog sticks, and i break them

Comment

if they're makin u use the analog stick then im not buyin that ****. they should giv u a choice

Comment

Yeah that analog **** is boo boo..... and NO im not one thats sayin that cuz they cant fight with it, im real good using it... but id RATHER use buttons

wayyyy better

Comment

If you cannot grasp the controls you're a full blown ******.
                    Last edited by JmtRyan; 05-16-2009, 02:02 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X