Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Denis Shafikov the best lightweight in the world right now?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Denis Shafikov the best lightweight in the world right now?

Denis Shafikov could be the best at 135.

http://www.allboxing.ru/archives/2013-03-11_16_01.html

March 16 Noginsk (Moscow) will be held the evening of professional boxing in the main event of which the ring will leave the former European champion in the first version of the EBU welterweight title with no defeats 27-year-old Russian boxer Denis Shafikov and WBC Baltic title holder at lightweight 35-year-old Alisher Rakhimov from Nizhny Tagil. AllBoxing.Rumanaged to contact Dennis Shafikova and talk on the upcoming match. (Tickets: 8-962-950-16-16)

- Some features of Rakhimov has in mind?

- A good boxer with a good amateur school. Can not say in advance, see March 16. Preparing for this fight as well as preparing all times.

- A week ago, coach Rakhimov said that you do not have strong contenders.

- How many people have many opinions. Everyone thinks differently. If he thinks so, then let them. Fight March 16 show exaggerated or not I? Every mouth can not shut up.

- Almost all of your career was at light welterweight champion, and a few years later you go down down to the lightweight division. Rare in professional boxing.

- When I was boxing in the category up to 63.5 kg and my weight between fights was about 72-73 kg. But then I held the weight, and now I have 2-3 years my weight kept in the 65-66 kg. In the last battle with Albert Mensah, I have shown in the balance 62.5 kg. I decided for myself that I was not hard to do [lightweight] 61.2 kg.

- What are the future plans?

- I have heard that in the summer should start qualifying tournament at lightweight by the WBC. But no details, I do not know.

Comment

No Adrien Broner is.

Comment

Outside of Adrien Broner, who is moving to 147, I would personally say Ricky Burns.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
          Outside of Adrien Broner, who is moving to 147, I would personally say Ricky Burns.
          Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
          No Adrien Broner is.
          I'd like to see Shafikov vs. Burns and Shafikov vs. Broner.

I think the results of those fights would surprise a lot of people.

Comment

id say burns/vasquez followed by abril

Comment

He's too small, and comes forward too predictably to challenge Broner, and I think Burns would beat him too. Burns is better than people give him credit for.

Still hard to say with any certainty though, as we've not seen him in with anyone above fringe contender level.

Right now, I also can't get past that he should probably have lost to a 37 year old nobody.

I think some big fights against some champs are needed to say with any degree of accuracy.

Comment

Another one of those lets pick someone no one knows (Denis Shishkabob) and/or doesnt care about call him the best in the world so that we can discredit the guy who really is (Adrien Broner) and say when he already has a fight coming that hes ducking thr best in the world threads.

Got it.

Comment

in three words:

of course not.

Comment

hes white and russian so no

Comment

Working...
                    X