Collapse
No announcement yet.

British Boxing Commentators

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

John Rawling's star is certainly on the rise. I was surprised he jumped ship from Five Live to ITV. At times he ventures into the pompous - but he stands no bull****. Richie Woodhall has excellent boxing knowledge, although his monotone delivery can be pretty lifeless.

I wish Reg Gutteridge were still around.

Comment

Originally posted by enz0888472 View Post
      i agree with you that barry mcguigan is terrible.He totally ruined the froch-taylor fight.

I personally think that the partnership of jim watt and ian darke(especially watt) is the best in world boxing.They are slightly biased towards british fighters but dont go overboard.
      Those two clowns were so biased on saturday evening it is not funny. Hatton landed a shot early in the second round and they thought he was coming back. Right before he got knocked out, they were claiming that it was an exciting war. It was a one-sided massacre!!!!! They were not watching the same fight that was taking place

Comment

Originally posted by 1SILVA View Post
        Those two clowns were so biased on saturday evening it is not funny. Hatton landed a shot early in the second round and they thought he was coming back. Right before he got knocked out, they were claiming that it was an exciting war. It was a one-sided massacre!!!!! They were not watching the same fight that was taking place
        You are right sometimes I switch off the sound of my telly because of biase.I would rather depend on the sound from the American stream than some of these so called commentators

Comment

I got annoyed by some commentators. I guess they just have to limit side comments.

Comment

Most British Commentators are total fanboys of the British Boxer. I cant stand Johnny Nelson or Steve Bunce. They get on my wick something shocking.

Don't know the guys name but he was with Jim Watt on the Wlad-Haye fight. Cant stand him most times either.

My fave pairing was Jim Watt and Reg Gutteridge. Harry Carpenter was damn good too. I love Barry M.

Comment

Adam Smiths knowledge is superb, he's a good front man but I don't like him as a commentator.

Jim Watt has the voice but he can talk some ****e at times.

Glen Mccrory is useless, he also chatted up my mum once, prick.

Barry Mcguigan talks the most sense out the lot, he's the best analyst by a country mile, he got Haye v Wlad spot on.

Richie Woodhall talks sense but gets far too excited at times and his accent doesn't sound right.

Jonny Nelson is hit and miss, without being racist, he favours the blacks a hell of a lot, his dick sucking of DeGale was embarrssing.

Ian Darke is the best commentator by a country mile.

Nicky Piper looks like a lesbian.

John Rawling is okay, prefer Darke though, it's a shame Darke only seems to do the big fights now.

Dave Clark is a good anchor.

Who have I missed?

My dream setup would be - Dave Clark as anchor, Jonny Nelson, Barry Mcguigan and a current relevant fighter in the studio.

Adam Smith interviewing and Ian Darke and Jim Watt commentating.

Comment

Originally posted by PittyPat View Post
                I can't stand the shouty Scottish guy. His voice grates on me majorly.
                Shouty Scottish guy? WTF

Australians have yet to figure out how to pronouce any sentence properly.I'm not joking either. You raise the last syllable on every sentence (it's called raised intonation) which means you's can make ANY sentence sound like it's a question.

Put that in your pipe and smoke it. "Shouty Scottish guy" tut tut lol

Comment

Originally posted by Mersey View Post
                  Jim Watt annoys me to death. His voice goes through me and he repeats himself over and over again.
                  An Aussie then a SCOUSE saying a Scots accent is annoying. This is beyond......

hahaha

Comment

Originally posted by Fish_Scotland View Post
                    Shouty Scottish guy? WTF

Australians have yet to figure out how to pronouce any sentence properly.I'm not joking either. You raise the last syllable on every sentence (it's called raised intonation) which means you's can make ANY sentence sound like it's a question.

Put that in your pipe and smoke it. "Shouty Scottish guy" tut tut lol

Oh yeh it's also called rising terminal if you want to check it out lol

Comment

They NEED to hire Chris Eubank.

Comment

Working...
                      X