Ringside IMF Tech vs. Rival (or others) for sparring

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ringside IMF Tech vs. Rival (or others) for sparring

Hi all,
    New to the forum and have done a quick search prior to posting this. I'm after specific opinions and/or experiences on/with the following sparring gloves:

Ringside Pro Style IMP Tech

Rival Pro Sparring

Rival RS11V

(Sorry, I can't link to them as I don't have enough posts under my belt)

I need some dedicated sparring gloves as my training moves to the next level. I usually prefer to try gloves on, etc. but there are no retail shops in my area that stock the brands that seem to be preferred (like above).

I'm 182cms and approx. 85kgs. I'll be looking at 16oz in order to project myself and my partner, and velcro as I often to don't have time (train a lot during lunch breaks) to deal with lace ups.

Cost is not a huge issue, but probably need to stay away from Winning kind of prices.

If you have any other suggestions similar to those I've linked to above then I'd love to hear about them also. I've read that the Cleto Reyes are quite hard on both the users hands and the sparring partner so have taken them off my list.

Thx.

I don't have these specific rival gloves but I've always used the rival brand and never had any problem...lasts long and good quality.

Comment

Get the rivals. I've tried both. I actually don't like the IMF I know it has a lot of good reviews but it didn't do it for me. Rival makes quality gloves especially the recent ones.
      Last edited by johncods; 01-11-2014, 01:17 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the advice so far guys... tough decision when you can't try them on first!

Comment

iv got a pair of rivals and love them, i think there probably some of the best value for money brands out there

Comment

the IMF's are better. I've had both gloves, my rivals wore out fast (lining tore).

Maybe they have improved, this was about 5 years ago. But I like IMF's

Comment

I loved the Rival glove ,but just hated the way the velcro fastened diagonally ,and it was a double strap so it was a pain in the arse to do up on your own without the help of someone else !
              I often thought with how tricky they were to do up i had just as well had bought the fcuking lace ups

Comment

I have both gloves and can say honestly the Rival brand is wayyy better i have the RS-1 Pro and the imf tech and no comparassion what so ever

Comment

hi first post....

I have 2 sets of Rival gloves, RS10V an RS30V's both 16's, i've used the RS10V's for about 10 months 2-3x a week bagwork and occasional sparring. I find they are excellent gloves, am very pleased with them. They've lasted exceptionally well without a problem and whilst they are well broken in now, they are otherwise like new, durability has been without question.

Comparing them to a few other gloves ive seen / tried (these are common in Australia) eg: Adidas Ultima, Twins, Supertuff, Sting, Punch, Morgan.....the Rivals are:
                  - Better quality construction
                  - Have softer, thicker, more flexible, yet more protective padding
                  - Softer leather, whilst still durable
                  - Comfortable Fit
                  - Internal lining has a really nice texture / feel to it
                  - Durable have not broken down with regular use

Overall find them to feel + perform like a good quality, comfortable, and durable glove. I was a bit sceptical about the ergo strap system but find it works really well keeping them snug and wrist well supported, ive never had sore knuckles or wrists using them. Likewise the RS10V's have a mesh palm which I wasn't keen on but now am a convert to its benefits as far as breathability / comfort.

Only drawback is bold/flashy graphics which i really dislike but have learned to ignore given their other benefits.

Overall I highly recommend the Rival gloves...and given my positive experience with them, I've recently purchased Rivals RHGF for my 1st headgear and have found it to have higher quality construction, better padding, more comfortable and shock absorbent than numerous other headgears ive used at the gym to date, so have had consistent - good experience with both these Rival products

Comment

I personally don't like my Rival RS10V sparring gloves. They feel extremely bulky clumsy on my hands. I'm using 14oz and they still feel like I'm using pillowcases.

http://www.rivalboxing.com/collectio...s/rs10v-optima

I've used the ringside IMF tech 16oz and they feel terrific. They're extremely lightweight and they feel a little more firm than the Rivals. The 16oz Ringsides were comparable in bulkiness to the 14oz Rivals. They will offer a bit less knuckle, wrist, and hand protection however.

http://www.ringside.com/ringside/rin...ves-13025.html

EDIT: Also, expect the Rivals to last much longer than the Ringsides after wear and tear. They really are built and padded very well.

Comment

Working...
                    X