Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather Inks Huge Six Fight Deal With Showtime/CBS

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If he really plans on fighting 6 times he's gonna lose that 0 unless he makes the perfect cherry picks. If he's fighting Canelo/Trout in September that will be it for his 0.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

• Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
      I don't think Floyd fights all 6 times. But great news anyway, the contract probably has something like Floyd is free to retire when he wants, or else Floyd at 36 years old NOW, would not have signed that contract. Maybe it's a fight by fight deal.

Anyway, if Floyd fights even half of that number, that would be great. 6 more fights would put him at 49 pro fights, but again I doubt he goes through with all 6.
      Its over 30 months meaning he would have to fight an average of every 5 months. Doubt that happens

Comment

• Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
        Its over 30 months meaning he would have to fight an average of every 5 months. Doubt that happens
        Exactly.

Knowing Floyd, we'll get 2-3 fights out of this deal.

Not that I care, as long as they're good fights. So far, so good.

Comment

• LMAO at 50 Cent and his past antics. Floyd is a bawse about that money.

Comment

• Originally posted by Still Blazin View Post
            Over a 30 month period.

And it said up to 6. I could see 4-6.
            Floyd fights Guerrero and Canelo then takes 20 months off. Comes back one more time, retires. Lol that's how I see it playing out. It's gonna be interesting to see how this 6 fight contract will play out throughout the years. If it was in a 36 month period, it would be more believable, but 30 months, 6 fights, that's 2 years and 6 months. No way Floyd squeezes 6 fights in that.

May 2013
            September 2013
            May 2014
            September 2014
            May 2015
            September 2015

That's how Floyd's schedule would HAVE to be if he stays true to the contract. That would be a span of 29 months if my math is correct.

Comment

I dont like fighters signing long term deals with networks
              excellent post and I agree with you. definitely removes the objectivity of the network and its employees

Comment

He cant cycle if he fight every 5 months! lol

Comment

• Originally posted by 1PunchKOPOW! View Post
                  If he really plans on fighting 6 times he's gonna lose that 0 unless he makes the perfect cherry picks. If he's fighting Canelo/Trout in September that will be it for his 0.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
                  The Bun or Trout, in September, no way Jose!!!

Comment

• SO Floyd is gonna go from fighting once a year over the past 5-6 years to fighting 6 times in a two years and a half??? :AOR:

And i will be orbiting around earth on a ten speed!
                    Last edited by PAC-BOY; 02-19-2013, 02:04 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by lefthook2daliva View Post
                      PBF will fight 3 more times under this contract. Maybe 4 if we're lucky.

His opposition will never get any better than Guerrero. Take that how you want to.

Canelo might benefit along with Broner, as they will be much more valuable to HBO now as their claim on the future?

Who else in HBO's pugilistic hierarchy becomes more important (if anybody) and gets promoted to a higher level of promotion as a consequence of this possible move by Floyd?
                      This is very true. Canelo and Broner just saw their value at HBO get a big bump.

Aside from them, Donaire and the stoner maybe?

Comment

Working...
                      X