No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: George Groves Punishes Glen Johnson at ExCel

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Photos: George Groves Punishes Glen Johnson at ExCel

Commonwealth super middleweight champion George Groves (15-0, 12 KOs) got his biggest win to date with a dominating twelve round unanimous decision over former light heavyweight world champion Glen Johnson (51-18-2, 35 KOs) at the ExCel Arena in London. Groves scored a knockdown in the final round. The scores were 120-107, 120-107 and 119-109. Johnson, 43 and suffered his fourth loss in a row, will likely retire for good.

[Click Here To Read More]

Kind of sad Glen lost. I think him and Roy Jones would be a good farewell fight for both. Roy has said he wants it, and I'd guess it would be pretty easy to build it up, since Glen did score a good stoppage win. Would be interesting to see how that would play out, now.

Comment

Originally posted by DigitalBeast View Post
      Kind of sad Glen lost. I think him and Roy Jones would be a good farewell fight for both. Roy has said he wants it, and I'd guess it would be pretty easy to build it up, since Glen did score a good stoppage win. Would be interesting to see how that would play out, now.
      Roy needs to stay behind the mic.

Comment

Roy would beat Glen I think.

Glen was pretty much a non-puncher after the midpoint in that fight too it seemed both in terms of punch power and well....literally.

Comment

Hopefully it's Groves/Anderson II next followed by Groves/DeGale II. SGG is still on a learning curve & should avoid Ward for now.

Comment

Exciting fighter though isn't he Groves?

Good puncher and a bit vulnerable himself. Most of his punches are designed to hurt.

Him and Froch would be a superb fight even now. Though Froch would probably stop him. I think Groves would comfortably shut out a smaller Abraham.

Comment

Exciting fighter though isn't he Groves?

Good puncher and a bit vulnerable himself. Most of his punches are designed to hurt.

Him and Froch would be a superb fight even now. Though Froch would probably stop him. I think Groves would comfortably shut out a smaller Abraham.

Comment

Johnson will spark Roy again

Comment

Sad to see. The man needs to retire. he also doesn't need to give Roy a second chance. Both are too old and neither should be in ring at this point.

Comment

Working...
                  X