Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bute wouldn't have won a single fight in the Super Six Tournament.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bute wouldn't have won a single fight in the Super Six Tournament.

Kessler, Ward, Dirrell would have beaten Bute easily. Btw the Glen Johnson-Bute fight was not as one sided as the commentary and the dumb punch stats made it look like. I saw Johnson blocking most of Bute's shots and I thought it was a close fight.
    Bute might have beaten Abraham cause of his size advantage and Jermain Taylor cause Taylor was post prime. But other than that I dont think Bute would have beaten ANYONE in the super six tournament.
    I mean, Froch walked through him like he was a bum. And Froch didnt walk through ANYBODY in the Super Six tournament. Froch is slow, decent, but no special effects. And he went through Bute like nothing. Even Froch's handspeed was confusing Bute. I mean, Froch doesnt have fast hands really, but he looked faster than Bute.
    Last edited by Salardo; 05-27-2012, 02:30 AM.

hindsight is a wonderful thing...

Comment

Honestly agreed, always said he was overrated. Cannot believe how easily Froch exposed him. Back to the drawing board for the so called second best SMW

Comment

"Bute wouldn't have won a single fight" You then list a fighter he beat and 2 he might have beaten.

Comment

I think Bute beats Green Johnson Taylor and maybe Dirrell...

Comment

Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
            I think Bute beats Green Johnson Taylor and maybe Dirrell...
            Dirrell? no.
            btw Green and Johnson were not original fighters of the super six.

Comment

Originally posted by Own3d View Post
              "Bute wouldn't have won a single fight" You then list a fighter he beat and 2 he might have beaten.
              I think he wouldnt have won a single fight. if he would have surprised me it would have been against the guys I mentioned. too difficult for u to understand? and Johnson was a replacement fighter in the tournament and I thought the Bute-Johnson fight was very close. and jOhnson was a hundred years old. understood now? no? who cares

Comment

of the 8 fighters that tool part he'd beat Johnson (already did), Green by brutal KO, Taylor by late KO, AA would either brutally knock Bute out if he caught him or Bute would win by wide UD, Froch KOs him (already did), Ward beats him, Kessler knocks him out and Dirrel doesnt get in the ring with him unless Bute had already lost at least 2 fights by the time they were scheduled to fight.

imo anyway

Comment

Originally posted by Halls of Fame View Post
                  Dirrell? no.
                  btw Green and Johnson were not original fighters of the super six.
                  But they were in it,so I ca count them...I would not say Bute could not beat Dirrell..Dirrell fights nothing like Froch and does not have Froch's chin,easy to believe that Dirrell beats Bute because he lost tonight...But styles make fights,and I believe Dirrell might play right into Bute hands with his style..If I was Bute I would be trying to make that fight instead of a rematch tbh...

Comment

It's easy to say that a fighter was all hype after a fight like this, but styles make fights, so you never know. That being said, I think he would have been able to beatn Johnson(which he already did), Green, Arthur Abraham, and Jermain Taylor.

Comment

Working...
                    X