Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Cyclone of Guantanamo vs Mr. Gary Russell Jr. Make it happen!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Cyclone of Guantanamo vs Mr. Gary Russell Jr. Make it happen!!

There's been a rash of Broner threads pitting him up against this fighter and that fighter. Lets forget about him for a second.

I think Gamboa and Gary Russell is a great matchup, not in the future, but now!!

Many folks will probably say that Russell is still too green for someone like the Cuban Cyclone. I don't think so, their fight records are nearly identical.

Gamboa's fight against Ponce De Leon is still fresh in my mind. I can't forget how much fits the southpaw De Leon gave Yuri. Now, how about we take De Leon and replace him with Russell Jr, who is a southpaw and can definitely match the The Cyclone's speed, and is definitely a much better boxer than PDL.

I think Russell has a great shot at beating Gamboa if the fight were to happen right now!!!

What do y'all think ? Vote on the poll.
    Russell has a legit shot to beat Gamboa right now !!
    33.33%
    Russell is still too green, give him another year or two and he'll rip Gamboa a new one
    66.67%

Russell needs to get tested before we can make that kind of predictions. Right now he's looking great against D level guys.

Comment

Originally posted by King of Sting View Post
      Vote on the poll.
      So where is the poll?

And Gamboa destroys him.

Comment

Originally posted by Ido View Post
        So where is the poll?

And Gamboa destroys him.
        It's up now, go vote !!

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
        Russell needs to get tested before we can make that kind of predictions. Right now he's looking great against D level guys.
        Dude, I think physically he's ready. He has the tools and style to give Gamboa major problems.

Did you watch Gamboa against Ponce ? Ponce didn't do jack **** in that fight, but, Gamboa was having fits in there and I think it had alot to do with the southpaw stance, what more against another lefty who can match Yuri speed for speed and Russell's boxing ability is clearly better than De Leon's, do you agree ?
        Last edited by King of Sting; 11-28-2011, 11:59 PM.

Comment

Sometimes it's not about how much fights a boxer has under his belt that determines whether he's ready or not for a particular fighter.

In this case, I think Russell Jr's southpaw stance, boxing skills and great athleticism that makes me think he'll gave Gamboa a run for his money and it's not a stretch at all that he can possibly beat the Cuban if the fight were to happen in 6 months.

Comment

g russell would break gamboas body down !!!!!!

Comment

There's been a rash of Broner threads pitting him up against this fighter and that fighter. Lets forget about him for a second.

I think Gamboa and Gary Russell is a great matchup, not in the future, but now!!

Many folks will probably say that Russell is still too green for someone like the Cuban Cyclone. I don't think so, their fight records are nearly identical.

Gamboa's fight against Ponce De Leon is still fresh in my mind. I can't forget how much fits the southpaw De Leon gave Yuri. Now, how about we take De Leon and replace him with Russell Jr, who is a southpaw and can definitely match the The Cyclone's speed, and is definitely a much better boxer than PDL.

I think Russell has a great shot at beating Gamboa if the fight were to happen right now!!!

I'm pretty high on Gamboa and have only seen Russel the one time, but I like the matchup. He seems to have the speed to hang w/Gamboa at least and he looks polished enough.

Would love to see it.

Comment

Gamboa destroys.

Comment

gamboa is on another level to russell. i don't think this fight will ever happen with gamboa looking to move up. in saying that, it wouldn't be worth while for russell's handlers to pursue a gamboa fight now, because let's face it, he'd get ripped to shreds

Comment

What is fresh in your mind is a steaming pile of warm turd. So PDL gave Gamboa fits?? There should be some kind of age/knowledge check to be able to post here.

Comment

Working...
                    X