No announcement yet.

Jerry Quarry's best wins

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jerry Quarry's best wins

Now, Quarry is considered the second best win for Frazier and one of the better wins of Ali. But honestly, to me it seems like Quarry would just be an okay boxer today. Please tell me his best wins and the "excuses" for his losses. I like the thought of one single white boxer doing well in the Ali-Foreman-Frazier-Norton days, as I'm against racism, but looking at his resume, Quarry seems... well... totally overrated. I respect him, though, he got more balls than me and was more succesfull than I'll ever be, unless God have plans for me that I don't expect.

Undefeated Shavers in 1 round was nuts.

Comment

Originally posted by Holywarrior View Post
      Undefeated Shavers in 1 round was nuts.
      Nah. Okay win, but not a great win, it's kinda like beating Deontay Wilder. Look at Shaver's resume. Shavers already had 2 losses (to journeymen= before he lost to Quarry and two fights later he would lose to another journeyman. This win shouldn't be used to overrate Quarry, IMO....

Comment

Originally posted by Xpert View Post
        Nah. Okay win, but not a great win, it's kinda like beating Deontay Wilder. Look at Shaver's resume. Shavers already had 2 losses (to journeymen= before he lost to Quarry and two fights later he would lose to another journeyman. This win shouldn't be used to overrate Quarry, IMO....
        Anyone who crushes Wilder in a round is going to get big props.

Comment

Originally posted by Holywarrior View Post
          Anyone who crushes Wilder in a round is going to get big props.
          Maybe Wilder was a bad example, Shavers is more similiar to Fransisco Sierra who Miranda beat in 1 round.

Comment

Working...
          X