Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Based PURELY on Skill, Were Does Wlad Rank With The ATG HW's?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wlad Klitschko View Post
    The first time, a young 23 year old Bugner was blatantly robbed against Ali.
    You've watched this fight or just caught it on boxingrec or just going on the weigh in? If you have watched this fight and think Bugner was blatantly robbed then you have confirmed you know nothing about boxing.
    So since we are all in agreement that size and height are why Wlad wins his fights, and that these trump skill. Its clear that while Wlad is the least skilled HW of all time, he would use his size and height to kill Ali in the ring.

Wlad is the least skilled HW of all time, but the greatest.
    Heard the maxim a good big un beats a good little un? Also holds true that an average good un will beat an average little un or a poor good un will beat a poor little un.
    Where it falls down is that an average big un will beat a great un who is slightly smaller than him.

Comment

Originally posted by GJC View Post
      You've watched this fight or just caught it on boxingrec or just going on the weigh in? If you have watched this fight and think Bugner was blatantly robbed then you have confirmed you know nothing about boxing.

Heard the maxim a good big un beats a good little un? Also holds true that an average good un will beat an average little un or a poor good un will beat a poor little un.
      Where it falls down is that an average big un will beat a great un who is slightly smaller than him.
      Wait who is slightly smaller than Wlad? Wlad at his prime=250. Ali at his prime=208. 42 lbs=slightly smaller? Outta here. And Bugner was robbed in the first fight, and was 23 years old, way before his prime. But that sAli for you, he has a prime but no other fighter out there does.

Comment

Wait who is slightly smaller than Wlad? Wlad at his prime=250. Ali at his prime=208. 42 lbs=slightly smaller? Outta here. And Bugner was robbed in the first fight, and was 23 years old, way before his prime. But that sAli for you, he has a prime but no other fighter out there does.
        OK Ali won't have to be prime to beat Wlad, any version of Ali up to 1977 will be more than adequate so that puts him at what 220? But even at 208 or loewe that extra weight wont do Wlad any good.
        Also i'll keep this down to your level as size is soooo important, were not talking Sam Langford here, Ali is what a couple of inches shorter and pretty much the same reach. So 20lbs?
        By the way is Ali allowed to take steroids as well to get that oh so vital weight up, just so it's a level playing field?

As for Bugner when was his prime then expert?
        Was it in 1973 where he fought Ali, put up the fight of his career against Frazier and beat Mac Foster? Bugner didn't improve with age but the competition got worse, but Bugner was competetive in a deep division.
        He wasn't robbed and I have never seen anyone say he was, it was a dull fight but a comprehensive win for Ali. Had Bugner shown a bit more agression in either fight he might have had more success because Ali wasn't "on" in either fight. But he won them both clearly.

Comment

Im glad you guys finally agree with me, size does matter. 45 of Ali's 61 fights he fought someone who weighed significantly less than him.

In fact the only guy who both weighed more and had at least an inch on Ali who Ali ever fought was Joe Bugner. Who Ali fought twice. The first time, a young 23 year old Bugner was blatantly robbed against Ali. The second time, in Malaysia where Bugner was treated like trash, again Ali couldnt finish him, a young Bugner won rounds, more rounds than he won against a couple club fighters who had beat him previously.

I know some will say, but Ali beat 6'6 Ernie terrll, but Ali weighed the same as Ernie.

So since we are all in agreement that size and height are why Wlad wins his fights, and that these trump skill. Its clear that while Wlad is the least skilled HW of all time, he would use his size and height to kill Ali in the ring.

Wlad is the least skilled HW of all time, but the greatest.
          Again you put lies in your post to try to put down Muhammad Ali.

Saying Bugner was robbed in his first fight with Ali?

Your the ONLY person i have ever heard say this.I suggest you watch the fight again.Then come back on here and admit you lied and were wrong.

Comment

OK Ali won't have to be prime to beat Wlad, any version of Ali up to 1977 will be more than adequate so that puts him at what 220? But even at 208 or loewe that extra weight wont do Wlad any good.
            Also i'll keep this down to your level as size is soooo important, were not talking Sam Langford here, Ali is what a couple of inches shorter and pretty much the same reach. So 20lbs?
            By the way is Ali allowed to take steroids as well to get that oh so vital weight up, just so it's a level playing field?

As for Bugner when was his prime then expert?
            Was it in 1973 where he fought Ali, put up the fight of his career against Frazier and beat Mac Foster? Bugner didn't improve with age but the competition got worse, but Bugner was competetive in a deep division.
            He wasn't robbed and I have never seen anyone say he was, it was a dull fight but a comprehensive win for Ali. Had Bugner shown a bit more agression in either fight he might have had more success because Ali wasn't "on" in either fight. But he won them both clearly.
            Haha 1977 Ali beating Wlad? Ok...wow, thats just straight up trolling. 1977 Ali, you mean right when he barely got past Shavers and Evangelista and when he lost to Spinks? HAha Wlad would kill that Parkinsons riddled old dude. And Wlad still had 3 inches and 25 lbs of muscle on him.

Also accusing Wlad of steroid use. Sorry Ali is the only one who we have proof used illegal substances throughout his career, give me video of wlad using some, or proof, i have video of Ali using smelling salt to defeat 185 lbs Henry cooper...

Any Ali would lose to post 2005 wlad and it wouldnt be close. Keep grasping at straws. Bring up some more guys no where close to Wlads size who Ali beat as evidence. Oh...he beat Buster Mathis, who was 3 inches shorter and had fat rolls.

Comment

Originally posted by boxing boy View Post

Your the ONLY person i have ever heard say this.I suggest you watch the fight again.Then come back on here and admit you lied and were wrong.
              If he has been looking at Bugner maybe he has realised that he would be the dominant HW nowadays if he was fighting now?

Comment

Originally posted by boxing boy View Post

What rounds did you have Ali winning? Quick, 5 minutes to answer. I doubt you ever even watched the fight.

Comment

Haha 1977 Ali beating Wlad? Ok...wow, thats just straight up trolling. 1977 Ali, you mean right when he barely got past Shavers and Evangelista and when he lost to Spinks? HAha Wlad would kill that Parkinsons riddled old dude. And Wlad still had 3 inches and 25 lbs of muscle on him.
                  Shavers = Same chin as Wlad, less punching power. Ali got more stamina even then than Wlad and boxing ability isn't in question.
                  Spinks was in 1978, Shavers was last good Ali performance.
                  Trolling now that is something you know about.
                  Also accusing Wlad of steroid use. Sorry Ali is the only one who we have proof used illegal substances throughout his career, give me video of wlad using some, or proof, i have video of Ali using smelling salt to defeat 185 lbs Henry cooper...
                  Smelling salts wern't illegal then.
                  Vitali was guilty of steroid abuse Wlad trains with him need me to join the dots? And don't try the steroids for injury line everyone who has ever been caught rolls that one out. And as for it being a while ago, once a cheat always a cheat.
                  Any Ali would lose to post 2005 wlad and it wouldnt be close. Keep grasping at straws. Bring up some more guys no where close to Wlads size who Ali beat as evidence. Oh...he beat Buster Mathis, who was 3 inches shorter and had fat rolls.
                  Again size,size,size. How about speed? Relevant?
                  You know whenever there is a gap in quality or a weak era then big fighters such as Willard and Carnera rise to the top?

Comment

What rounds did you have Ali winning? Quick, 5 minutes to answer. I doubt you ever even watched the fight.
                    I watched the fight when it happened in 1973,unlike you.

I have all of Muhammad Ali's fights,and even some amatuer fights.

I have seen the Bugner fights many times over the years,and will do so again tonight....If you do the same?

It is a "flat out lie" that Bugner was robbed!!

Oh,now i see why your lying.Bugner was 6'4" and weighed 230lbs in the second fight and almost as big as Klit,so you are now talking about the first fight.But it is a lie.How can i watch the fight in 5 minutes? Your really swift,arn't you? Lol

Now watch the fight again,and i will do so again tonight.

Comment

Shavers = Same chin as Wlad, less punching power. Ali got more stamina even then than Wlad and boxing ability isn't in question.
                      Spinks was in 1978, Shavers was last good Ali performance.
                      Trolling now that is something you know about.

Smelling salts wern't illegal then.
                      Vitali was guilty of steroid abuse Wlad trains with him need me to join the dots? And don't try the steroids for injury line everyone who has ever been caught rolls that one out. And as for it being a while ago, once a cheat always a cheat.

Again size,size,size. How about speed? Relevant?
                      You know whenever there is a gap in quality or a weak era then big fighters such as Willard and Carnera rise to the top?

In regards to Vitali it was as an amateur and it was due to an injury. Volodymyr has never used steroids and your "they're brothers" bull**** holds no weight, it simply exposes you as having irrational hate for them.

And based on your once a cheat theory i guess Jones jr, Toney, Holyfield's accomplishments are completely irrelevent and that you exclude them from any HW or MW discussion?

You're a hater plain and simple.

Comment

Working...
                      X