Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mayweather isn't a big welter

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't know anyone who said he's a beg WW, but if he wants to fight at 54 then he should fight the champs in that division.

Comment

Originally posted by KingTito View Post
      I don't know anyone who said he's a beg WW, but if he wants to fight at 54 then he should fight the champs in that division.
      Have you applied that to all other fighters ?

Comment

Ppl only want Floyd to fight at 160 cuz that his biggest chance of losing. Floyd is a natural WW, he is just filling out. He was smaller in the past but I think he is a good size WW now.
        People like ORTIZ and Thurman, those fools should be at 154.

Comment

I see some of you bringing up Duran, but he was blowing up huge in between fights. Even without gorging himself, I'm sure he was walking around in the 170s before he fought Ray Leonard.

Comment

Originally posted by el*** View Post
            People keep saying in this thread that floyd should fight bigger fighters, but he HAS been doing that his entire career. He HAS been doing that in all of his recent fights. Out of his last 10 fights the only guy he outweighed was JMM. I am almost certain even hatton weighed more than him on fight night. Judah did (the weigh ins were done on that one).
            No doubt that what he does in the ring is incredible. But surely if youre a Mayweather fan then you want to see him in the most competitive fights possible?

So i go back to my post earlier, either you think he would lose at 154lb against Trout, Canelo, and so he should fight at 147 and drop the 154lb belt and no.1 rating. Or you think he would win/be competitive and you should want him to fight those guys.

The third option is you think he would be competitive against the bigger guys but you want him to stay away from them anyway.

Shouldnt Floyd fans want to see him in the toughest winnable fights possible?

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
              No doubt that what he does in the ring is incredible. But surely if youre a Mayweather fan then you want to see him in the most competitive fights possible?

So i go back to my post earlier, either you think he would lose at 154lb against Trout, Canelo, and so he should fight at 147 and drop the 154lb belt and no.1 rating. Or you think he would win/be competitive and you should want him to fight those guys.

The third option is you think he would be competitive against the bigger guys but you want him to stay away from them anyway.

Shouldnt Floyd fans want to see him in the toughest winnable fights possible?
              Off course we do but does that mean a challenge must handicap him to do that , and will he get the credit for taking the handicap , I think it would just get lost in it all and if he were too lose that handicap would not get recognized the haters would just revel in the loss , and who is saying that he is not going to fight 154 guys anyway , I believe Canelo has been a lock for a while now , so Floyd in reality is taking more risks with weight than anybody and thats not enough the haters want even bigger opponents , he could have easily CWed them .

Comment

Originally posted by el*** View Post
                Hes not a normal sized welter. He was 151 vs Ortiz's 164 and Ortiz only recently moved to welter. He doesnt LOOK small but weight wize he is. 151 by todays standers IS a small welter. Freakin broner weighed 150 his last fight for lightweight.
                It was actually 150 and 146.5 at the weigh-in.

Comment

Also, people saying that Guerrero is the smaller guy are also wrong.

Why? Because long before fighting Berto, Guerrero was a huge featherweight. He usually came in 10-15 pounds heavier on fight night. The HBO and Showtime crew were already talking about him as a "real" WW when he fought Katsidis and Siri (Salido).

Guerrero will not be the smaller fighter in May. He will outweigh Floyd on fight night.
                  Last edited by Main Source; 02-22-2013, 02:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
                    Off course we do but does that mean a challenge must handicap him to do that , and will he get the credit for taking the handicap , I think it would just get lost in it all and if he were too lose that handicap would not get recognized the haters would just revel in the loss , and who is saying that he is not going to fight 154 guys anyway , I believe Canelo has been a lock for a while now , so Floyd in reality is taking more risks with weight than anybody and thats not enough the haters want even bigger opponents , he could have easily CWed them .
                    why does it matter to you that handicaps get lost? your a fan of boxing/floyd, just watch him fight, no need to worry about what keyboard warriors think about him.

Comment

funny thread, just funny thread

Comment

Working...
                      X