Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Doug Fischer: "Floyd's CHEAP shots just a step above Tyson's ear-biting incident"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

always thought fischer is kind of an idiot, and this doesn't change that.

Comment

Doug Fisher is one of the worst writers in the history of the sport.

He will never give Mayweather credit, no matter what.

Comparing this to Mike Tyson biting someone?

Ridiculous.

Comment

dougie is usually on point, IMO.

but that quote is a bit much. although i see the angle he is spinning: a controversial event in boxing that makes mainstream media frown upon the sport.

i get it... but definitely ear-biting shouldnt be compared to a sucker punch. i feel everyone was to blame, not just floyd.

Comment

I think floyd could go down as one of the dirtiest boxer of all time.

Comment

Let's see, a legal but unsportsmanlike KO punch following an attempt by your opponent to flagrantly headbutt you ~VS~ biting a chunk of your opponent's ear off in retaliation for alleged headbutts against you. OK, I thought about it. Not even close. Not even in the same league. Poor comparison, but so what? The boxing beat goes on and Fischer is as I understand it the new Editor in Chief of Ring magazine and his critics are still just that, critics. Next...

Comment

He's making himself sound like a causal Boxing fan.

Comment

Aside from one being legal and the other being illegal, the big difference to me is that Floyd was winning the fight and Tyson was losing. Tyson did it as an act of desperation, or possibly looking for a way out. In that respect, VICTOR'S headbutt is much more like Tyson's ear bite than Floyd's punches are. Victor and Tyson were both frustrated in a fight they were losing and resorted to doing something against the rules, either in an attempt to gain an edge or in an attempt to quit. Disappointed to hear Doug Fischer make this comparison.

Comment

Originally posted by SuckaPunch View Post
                  from Dougie's mailbag

http://ring tv.craveonline.com/blog/...eather-mailbag
                  (remove space)
                  He is a known Floyd Hater - he basically picks everyone to beat him because in his own hate he gets so hyped up - he picked Mosley to beat him... he also said that all the talk with Ortiz's ppl and DLH really got him thinking that Ortiz could win...

He is a smart boxing man usually but when it comes to Mayweather it's the same like everyone else...

Why is somebody biting someone else's ear worse then hitting someone legal??? Still don't get it... Mayweather never took the second hugg... Ortiz hugged him and even their May had his hands up... and he waited... and then he threw - after the first hook Ortiz could have taken his hands up instead he looked after the referee and got the second hand... he checked out mentally... the headbutt was way worse then the legal shot from Floyd...

I mean seriously... Resto got punished for his wraps too and is it forgiven with that??? Only because Ortiz now wants to hug and kiss everything is good - he had it coming... and he not only tried once... he had it coming and I can not even say that I was one bit sad or anything... if I have a fighter in front of me who does something like that I finish him as quick as possible... if the fight continued and Floyd would have clocked him in the 5th who knows what would have happend... maybe he would have lost it completely and who knows what else he would have done...
                  Ortiz asked for it and he got it... Mayweather is a mean motherf***** in the ring... he means business... simple as that

Comment

Ortiz is an idiot.. he clearly knew he was out of his league & the overt apologies was to seek retribution for his sins as he clearly thought Floyd was above him. You apologized before.... Floyd didn't need or deserved 2 or 3 apologies. He needed Floyd's approval to continue fighting & therefore couldn't live with the actions that he did take of headbutting him intentionally.. HE HAD in some sinister & guilty sort of way had to be absolved from his sins...

The fact that he didn't defend himself after the first punch was thrown is because he felt like it was somewhat deserved. He was looking at the ref.. to show him that Floyd got him back... anybody else who gets sideswapped like that immediately retaliates or at least puts up a defensive posture.. the fact that he didn't goes back to the excessive manner in which he needed floyd to forgive him... dude was either scared to retaliate.. same as when Floyd had him by the throat at the weighin.

He was intimidated by the aura of Mayweather & showing him way too much respect... the fact that he momentarily lost it & disrespected him jumping in with the headbutt is what was irking him. He needed to have Floyd's respect at all costs for some warped reason & almostt asked him to put him out of his misery on the second shot that did him in.

He felt he deserved what he got & that is at the heart of all this... Laughing & smiling embarassly at the postfight interview is a telltale sign he wasn't livid & accepted his fate... dude brought it upon himself & then when it happened.. passively accepted his fate..

I think Ortiz needs psycological help & so does Mayweather for being unable to control himself or his impulses...... most anybody else.. esp after an apology controls those impulses to strike.... you might be thinking it but you certainly don't act upon it & make it an action LIKE mONEY DID.
                    Last edited by jimmy1569; 09-21-2011, 05:39 PM.

Comment

• no thats jus biased

cmon *******s would you rather get your ear bitten off by angry mike

or get a suckerpunch from brittle floyd?

Comment

Working...
                      X