Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can anyone list colleges in Las Vegas, nevada that participate in the NCBA?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anyone list colleges in Las Vegas, nevada that participate in the NCBA?

I'm not sure if this is "Training and Nutrition" section is the right category to ask in, but I was wondering if anyone, by any chance, can list some colleges in Nevada that participate in the National College Boxing Association (NCBA) matches. I think University of Nevada Reno does, but I'm not sure if any other places do. I would like to mainly know on Las Vegas, but if anyone also knows colleges that participate in NCBA anywhere in America, that would be great. Thanks alot guys!

http://www.ucboxingclub.org/

Comment

UNLV is one of the better programs. Here's a list of all of them http://www.collegeboxing.org/Clubs.aspx

Comment

is it possible to turn pro after graduation in any of the colleges listed on the web? like for example you fight in the team of UNLV until graduation and after that you have a career as a professional?

Comment

UNLV is the place to go, they're the best program in the West.

And I don't understand your question. You don't turn pro automatically after NCBA boxing. You can keep fighting as a normal amateur (that's what I'm doing). You could turn pro if you want to but it's not generally done bc the NCBA isn't high-level boxing. You have to have less than 5 fights to join up, so it's not like many of the guys eventually go pro since they're usually starting up late.

Comment

so you fight in the amateur after college, and if you have a record good enough to turn pro, do you have your career as a professional? sorry im from another country and im not familiar with the system of boxing in the states. do you just have to win in the amateur matches to turn into a professional?

Comment

Originally posted by moneymayforever View Post
              so you fight in the amateur after college, and if you have a record good enough to turn pro, do you have your career as a professional? sorry im from another country and im not familiar with the system of boxing in the states. do you just have to win in the amateur matches to turn into a professional?
              No, amateur and pro are unrelated. You can go pro without ever fighting as an amateur, or after a few fights, or after a hundred or more. No requirement.

Comment

how do you turn pro, in the states? in my country we take a pro test (paper test and 2 rounds of sparing) and automatically turn into a professional if we pass that test.

Comment

Working...
                X