No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Chavez Jr. Eyes Move To 168, Ward - If No Martinez II

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jtcs1981 View Post
    But if he goes up in weight, get another gift belt fighting the likes of Bika, Pudwill, McGee, Andrade, St Juste, Mendy, people will criticize him for fighting cab drivers instead of facing the real challenges. The only one with BS are the people that get mad when guys that are legitimate challengers start calling out the best in the division. Chavez is nothing special, but he still is the cash cow from MW to LHW. He can mention anyone in the division that he will like to fight. Nothing wrong in what he is saying.
    "gift belt" - that's the issue many people have......

Originally posted by iseah100 View Post
    I like the attitude of Chavez, the guy has balls. I would love to see him move up. I think he would be stronger and could challenge any of the top Super Middleweights. You people are ridiculous, what's wrong with him fighting the best guy @ 168? Not a damn thing.
    LMAO.......

Originally posted by HardSpar View Post
    It's not his attitude in willingness to fight Ward at 168 that's a problem, it's his pathetically bad level of skill against a guy who is extremely skilled that's the problem. Pointless fight Chavez jr's ****e. Chavez won't be able to bum his way to victory using his huge size advantage against Ward.

+1

Originally posted by iseah100 View Post
    Yea, but at least he's willing to fight arguably the best fighter in the world right? Most of your favorite fighters don't want to take challenges since they don't have to. This guy doesn't need money, he doesn't need to take a tough fight like this, but he wants to. So let him, if he gets schooled he gets schooled, at least we know where he stands in the 168 lb division.
    Uhh, yeah - he's starting to need money. He has a little problem. He doesn't know "when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em". So, he does need the tough fights. And he will get schooled, because he won't be able to use his size because everyone will be his size. Unless he actually learns to box instead of stalking & bullying, he will turn into Edison Miranda real quick.....

Comment

Jr needs to steer clear of 168 and go straight to light heavyweight. There he would call all the shots again, the talent is thin so he should see some success, plus a Mexican reigning at such a big division would be historic. He can build a legacy there...not his fault the talent at LHW is thin. If he decides to test 168 it'll be a wrap for his career. As much as I don't like Jr he brings eyeballs to the sport and he'd give the LHW some spotlight. A division that hasn't had a star since Holyfield reigned there.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeRo1972 View Post
        Jr needs to steer clear of 168 and go straight to light heavyweight. There he would call all the shots again, the talent is thin so he should see some success, plus a Mexican reigning at such a big division would be historic. He can build a legacy there...not his fault the talent at LHW is thin. If he decides to test 168 it'll be a wrap for his career. As much as I don't like Jr he brings eyeballs to the sport and he'd give the LHW some spotlight. A division that hasn't had a star since Holyfield reigned there.
        Since Holyfield? Obviously, you haven't heard of Roy Jones.......

Comment

Man, this guy is really smoking some strong keef. He just got his ass handed too him by Martinez. Now he wants to go and ruin his career by being Ward's punching bag. He does not want to mess with Ward.

Comment

Originally posted by MASTER1454 View Post
            True Story..

Chavez, is a boarder line ******.. Let him fight Ward, he needs to work for something..

Get another ass whooping

Comment

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! Whew, thanks Jr., I needed a good laugh after a rough day at work today. Who on earth would pay to see Ward vs. Chavez? I can't even think of a worse mismatch which would lead to an embarrassing beating. Was that really an actual serious statement by Chavez Jr.? Is he truly on drugs? Making a Jr./Ward fight should be illegal lol. That would be Ward/Froch but even worse.

Jr's. camp need to first make sure this kid isn't ruined after that brutal systematic beating he took by Sergio. He will be beaten up even worse if he moves to 168 or 175. His chin is the only reason he is still around even now but it won't handle punches from 168+ guys. That is why Jr. starves himself and cheats to make 160 because he knows his chin and 20lb weight advantage are the only reason he wins anything at middleweight. Once he moves to 168, everyone will see what a bum he really is.

Comment

I would love to see Chavez vs. Froch and Chavez vs. Abraham first before him taking on Ward.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by MASTER1454 View Post
                  You're right about Roy Jones I totally forgot about his reign at LHW. My bad, that said Chavez can be a high profile fighter at that division that brings attention to that division where as at 168 it won't happen.

Comment

Working...
                  X