Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Matthyse a more polished version of Maidana?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Matthyse a more polished version of Maidana?

Seems he throws more compact straight punches, has insane stamina for 12 rounds and has the power to wear down and stop guys with a barrage of power punches.
    Just wondering what you guys think?

The only things that Maidana and Matthysse have in common is that they're both hard punching boxers from Argentina whose last names start with the letter M.

Stylistically, they're nothing alike.

Matthysse is much more polished and technical in his savagery.

Comment

In the past I would have easily said yes, but Maidana has really improved under Robert Garcia. Matthysse does throw straighter punches. One area where Matthysse is clearly better than Maidana is defense. I'd say Matthysse is still better than Maidana, but the gap has definitely closed somewhat. I also can't recall a recent instance of Matthysse feinting, whereas Maidana has done that a lot recently.

Comment

Man they fight nothing alike... i mean nothing alike

Comment

First Maidana is compared to Margarito and now Lucas. He doesnt fight like either.

Comment

I used to think Matthysse was much better because of his superior stamina and power but I think his chin is starting to go after all the shots he took once his eye got closed vs Garcia.

Maidana's awkward non-straight punches are what gives a guy like Floyd trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by ßringer View Post
              The only things that Maidana and Matthysse have in common is that they're both hard punching boxers from Argentina whose last names start with the letter M.

Stylistically, they're nothing alike.

Matthysse is much more polished and technical in his savagery.
              this, love both guys, but lucas seems to me more refined than chino

Comment

Originally posted by 46 and 0 Doe View Post
                First Maidana is compared to Margarito and now Lucas. He doesnt fight like either.

Correct, he's not better then either IMO..

Comment

Matthysse is technically a much better boxer. Less rugged, but he cuts the ring off better.

Comment

Question is: Who would do a better job vs Mayweather? Matty or Maidana

Matty has ability, Marcos has size

Comment

Working...
                    X