No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Salgado vs Mendez Early Results From Guadalajara

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by boxing2106 View Post
    how was he ali if he stood his ground the whole fight.. salgado was gassed after 6 rounds his punches has no effect whats so ever.. mendez was rocking him at will with cleaner effective punching 7th round on and won the 11th and 12th rounds with a knockdown in the 12th.. there will be a rematch just watch !
    The rope a dope , or a generic version ,lol .no doubt if there's a rematch Mendez wins,but not fighting like that .easy win for him "boxing " even in Mexico.

Comment

Originally posted by Team Vitaminas View Post
      The rope a dope , or a generic version ,lol .no doubt if there's a rematch Mendez wins,but not fighting like that .easy win for him "boxing " even in Mexico.
      ok no hard feelings. i get what your saying. i was actually VERY suprised when i saw him standing right infront of Salgado id expect Mendez to use the ring more.

Comment

Originally posted by illpapi View Post
        As much as may hate it I have to agree with you on this one. Why Mendez didn't fight an outside fight is beyond me. That stragedy was pretty stupid in my opinion!
        so you don't think if he fought the way he did against Honorio he would've won? thats how he beat Honorio and that fight was just as close as this one in my opinnion.

Comment

Originally posted by Team Vitaminas View Post
          so you don't think if he fought the way he did against Honorio he would've won? thats how he beat Honorio and that fight was just as close as this one in my opinnion.
          What I am saying is that with his boxing skills he should not fight an inside fight. That style is for brawlers not boxers like himself. I just don't get it. Maybe they thought that since they were in Mexico they needed to fight like that. It makes no sense to me.

Comment

they rob the Dominican guy its a shame fighting in Mexico

Comment

Originally posted by illpapi View Post
              What I am saying is that with his boxing skills he should not fight an inside fight. That style is for brawlers not boxers like himself. I just don't get it. Maybe they thought that since they were in Mexico they needed to fight like that. It makes no sense to me.
              thats EXACTLY WHY

Comment

i had mendez up 114-112
                but really wtf was mendez thinking?
                sure he edged some of the first rounds but only after the 8th he started winning the rounds clearly, in foreign soil you have to assume you need to win rounds cleanly or else they're gonna go to the other guy in the scorecards
                he should take notes from alex lopez on how to fight a defensive fight while winning clearly as a visitor

Comment

Originally posted by elgranluchadore View Post
                  i had mendez up 114-112
                  but really wtf was mendez thinking?
                  sure he edged some of the first rounds but only after the 8th he started winning the rounds clearly, in foreign soil you have to assume you need to win rounds cleanly or else they're gonna go to the other guy in the scorecards
                  he should take notes from alex lopez on how to fight a defensive fight while winning clearly as a visitor
                  he did this in south africa.. idk why he fought like that in this fight.

Comment

Originally posted by lluisone View Post
                    they rob the Dominican guy its a shame fighting in Mexico
                    what ?please its a shame fighting in the U.S !!
                    if you're not promoted by a top promoter you're usually gonna get robbed and lose even if you win you lose the popularity contest.at least in mexico it's clear that if you come to fight, you'll be treated fair.if you come to run and hold you're going home a loser.
                    Last edited by Team Vitaminas; 09-11-2011, 01:53 AM.

Comment

Before the fight I thought Mendez would lose a rather clear decision. He surprised me. I saw the fight and thought that he deserved the verdict, winning at least 7 rounds clearly. Maybe he should've kept the fight on the outside where he seemed to dominate but then again.. the judges might've/could've/would've used that as an excuse to penalize his efforts even more by saying that he wasn't being aggressive enough. REMATCH!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X