No announcement yet.

The Magnificent Seven - Sep 18th

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Magnificent Seven - Sep 18th

Sky Box Office HD will show seven title fights, all featuring British boxers, as part of five-hour bill of live boxing on Saturday, September 18.

Titled The Magnificent Seven, the bumper night at Birmingham's LG Arena night will feature many of Britain's best boxers in contests that could propel them towards world title bids.

The event includes: a world title eliminator, three European title fights and a British title fight - all exclusively live and in high definition.

The announced line-up features:

MATTHEW MACKLIN v SHALVA JOMARDASHVILI -The talented Macklin challenges Georgian Jomardashvili for the vacant European Middleweight title.

NATHAN CLEVERLY v KARO MURAT - European Light-Heavyweight champion, Cleverly, challenges for the Interim WBO world title.

KELL BROOK v MICHAEL JENNINGS -This long-awaited showdown is a WBO World Welterweight title eliminator.

DEREK CHISORA v SAM SEXTON -Two British Heavyweights clash when Commonwealth champion Sexton faces British champion Derek Chisora.

JAMES DeGALE v CARL DILKS - Olympic Gold medallist DeGale makes the first defence of his WBA International Super-Middleweight title.

ENZO MACCARINELLI v ALEXANDER FRENKEL
    - Former World champion Maccarinelli defends his European Cruiserweight title against Alexander Frenkel.

Shame the Macklin - Barker fight didnt go ahead, aswell as the Rhodes fight. Should be a good night of boxing though. ( Especially with Mosely , Alvarez and Ortiz in action later on in the night)

A few questions:

Who do you have to win each fight ?
    Anyone know anything about the lad Maccarinelli is fighting ?
    Anyone know the start time of the event ?

Cheers.
    Last edited by Chrismart; 09-13-2010, 09:14 AM.

Comment

So looking through boxrec, Matthew Hall has took Rhodes' place to fight Konecny for the Euro title.

I've never seen Konecy fight, but i had a look through his record and he's only lost 3 times, a MD to Dziniziruk, pretty wide UD to Piccirillo (but had him down) and a split decision loss in a Euro title fight.

This could be a bit of a banana skin for Matthew Hall.

Comment

Originally posted by chrismart83 View Post
        Shame the Macklin - Barker fight didnt go ahead, aswell as the Rhodes fight. Should be a good night of boxing though. ( Especially with Mosely , Alvarez and Ortiz in action later on in the night)

A few questions:

Who do you have to win each fight ?
        Anyone know anything about the lad Maccarinelli is fighting ?
        Anyone know the start time of the event ?

Cheers.
        Is that on the sky BO broadcast?

I got Chisora by KO
        Brook by KO
        Clevery UD
        De Gale to win - never seen his opponent before so dunno if KO or UD but Frank isnt gonna put him in with someone who can beat him yet
        Macklin UD (Guesswork again - havent seen his opponent)
        Enzo fight - who knows, he'll either win by KO or get KOd. Im going with Enzo to be KTFO
        Hall UD - Unless Konecny just had a bad night on the only fight i watched of his (v Ionut Trandafir Ilie) Hall got this by UD

Comment

Think Mosley ect is gonna have to be an stream job mate. Be nice though if SKY stuck it on one of there channels since there earlier fights are on Box Office Il have to check the telly listings actually to see.

Might do a few bets on these, but il probably stay away from the Macarenllie fight..never know what to expect from him.

Comment

Originally posted by chrismart83 View Post
            Think Mosley ect is gonna have to be an stream job mate. Be nice though if SKY stuck it on one of there channels since there earlier fights are on Box Office Il have to check the telly listings actually to see.

Might do a few bets on these, but il probably stay away from the Macarenllie fight..never know what to expect from him.
            yeah im gonna do an accumulator on the 6 other fights, Brook and Chisora to win by KO, the rest just to win. Havent checked what odds its gonna be. Might put a few quid on Enzo to get KTFO as a single, he's the favourite so the odds would be alright to bet on that alone, and he wont **** up the accumulator if he wins.

Comment

Where's Kevin Mitchell at? I've read nothing about his next fight.

I'm surprised Frank Warren didn't put him on this card against some tomato can.

Comment

The Barker fight was the best of the lot so it's annoying it's not on and Rhodes is another a good name gone.
                I think all the home fighters/obivous choices will win expect Hall.
                Now the Barker fight is off, I'm most looking forward to Sexton Vs Derek.

Yeah it's about time Mitchell picked himself up and got his career going again.

Comment

Might be a stupid question this.

But it's not just a PPV for HD tv specifically, is it?

On thread, I have a feeling Jennings is going to upset Brook. I'm not sold on Brook, if he doesn't take Jennings out within 5, Jennings will take over. Brook looks stiff from the shoulders up to me and should present an inviting target to a mover like Jennings.

Comment

Working...
                  X