Holding behind the head...illegal?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by THE ИATAS View Post
    The fight Lampley kept referring too
    That uppercut is the only punch I remember from that fight.

Comment

Its rough housing by both ends, if you pay attention Berto would initiate nearly all holdings. Robert could not get him off him, so he continued to punch while holding.

Inside, or out Berto simply isn't that skilled.

Comment

I honestly think the commission should stop appointing these senior citizen refs to high profile bouts. he was inadequate and in limbo the entire match. not to take nothing from Robert but the ref was clueless

Comment

Originally posted by codey View Post
          I honestly think the commission should stop appointing these senior citizen refs to high profile bouts. he was inadequate and in limbo the entire match. not to take nothing from Robert but the ref was clueless
          what should he have done differently exactly?

Comment

Holding and hitting is illegal but not treated as a serious foul. Most fighters do it in fights, not usually holding the head but still.........

Comment

Originally posted by THE ИATAS View Post
              what should he have done differently exactly?
              Stopped Robert from holding behind the head and striking his opponent repeatedly. warn Berto about his excessive clinching. been a bit more physical with both fighters and not be vocal from a distance, and lastly step in to stop Robert in Rd 12 once to bell rang. Thank God the doctor interfered. so there you have it.

Comment

Originally posted by codey View Post
                Stopped Robert from holding behind the head and striking his opponent repeatedly. warn Berto about his excessive clinching. been a bit more physical with both fighters and not be vocal from a distance, and lastly step in to stop Robert in Rd 12 once to bell rang. Thank God the doctor interfered. so there you have it.
                Honestly, I think Guerrero intentionally kept punching after the bell. It fits right in line with his dirty tactics.

Comment

Originally posted by radioraheem View Post
                  Honestly, I think Guerrero intentionally kept punching after the bell. It fits right in line with his dirty tactics.
                  Don't know if it was intentional or not, but it was despicable to watch!

Comment

Working...
                  X