Mens Light Welter (64kg)
    Thomas Stalker - Liverpool
    Odds to win Gold - 5/1
    Favourite - Lopes (BRA)

Mens Light (60kg)
    Josh Taylor - Edinburgh
    Odds to win Gold - 33/1
    Favourite - Lomachenko (UKR)
    Last edited by Chrismart; 07-23-2012, 05:27 PM.

Anyone in particular your looking forward to watching?

Anyone from outside Britain..how do you see your representatives doing?

Comment

Looking forward to seeing Anthony Joshua.

Will hopefully be seeing him win his semi-final fight.

Comment

Hi, just droping by from the East Side Site. There's a lot more Brits there so we talking about Joshua a bit. He is the real deal imo, 6'6 245. Amazing speed and freakish atheltic abilities.

He said he is watching tapes of Lennox Lewis and Wladimir Klitschko trying to learn from them on how to fight like a SHW. There's really not that many ATG Super Heavyweights other then Wladimir, Riddick and Lewis. I think Joshua's ceiling is really really high and he could go on to do great things.

With the home crowd behind him, I feel he's gonna win gold.

Comment

Gold for Paddy Barnes and Katie Taylor

Comment

Originally posted by weltercelt View Post
            Gold for Paddy Barnes and Katie Taylor
            Im not gonna pretend i follow the ams but didnt Paddy struggle in the Euros?

Katie seems to be a safe bet from what ive read though

Comment

Would be good if Josh Taylor could pick up a medal for Scotland , 33/1 .Looks worth a few quid on that .

Comment

Originally posted by alza1988 View Post
                Would be good if Josh Taylor could pick up a medal for Scotland , 33/1 .Looks worth a few quid on that .

The reason the odds are so good for everyone is because they're in the same category as Toledo of Cuba and Vasyl Lomachenko of the Ukraine.

Lomachenko being a big favourite and rightfully so. Good luck if you bet, probably worth a few quid like.

Comment

Is Joshua seriously favourite?

I feel physically sick with the amount of hype this kid is getting. He'll have done really well to even medal, let alone win the gold. So much expectation on him already and he's not even been in the sport for a few years.

Might put something on Campbell.

Comment

Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post
                    Is Joshua seriously favourite?

I feel physically sick with the amount of hype this kid is getting. He'll have done really well to even medal, let alone win the gold. So much expectation on him already and he's not even been in the sport for a few years.

Might put something on Campbell.
                    Joshua is one of the two big favorites. Him and Mago, some sites got Joshua ahead because it's London obviously.

The reason he is getting hyped and will get more and more if he do well is because he's a 6'6 super heavyweight who's also British.

Right now the boxing world is talking about Floyd and Pacquaio and all of that, but people know that historically it's still the heavyweights who could end up being the biggest stars. A 6'6 British superheavyweight is too big of an opptunitity for British boxing not to hype.

I know people like to say well look at Harrison, he was an Olympic Bust. Well tbh, if you watch Harrison in that Olympics he displayed nothing special. The Olympic Version of Wladimir or Lewis or Riddick Bowe would have schooled Harrison pretty bad.

Comment

Working...
                    X