Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Damn, Frank Bruno Beaten Up Lennox Lewis.....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BennyST View Post

You're a funny kid Sonny.
    BennyST its you who is the funny one, i like it when you struggle to add anything about boxing to the threads which i can only put down to you not knowing much about the sport but you hang in there kid i am sure it wont be long before you know who Frank Bruno is.

Comment

Classic fight. And a classic brit HW fight.

Bruno was well past his best and this was the standard brit changing of the guards fight. Bruno had worked his body in tremendous shape and surprised everybody by giving Lewis such a tough fight.

One can only hope that Harrison-Haye can live up to the great brit HW fights of yesteryear.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
        One can only hope that Harrison-Haye can live up to the great brit HW fights of yesteryear.
        I hope Fraudley wins by ko, lol

off topic: Did you watch that Nunn fight?

Comment

Originally posted by -LightsOut- View Post
          I hope Fraudley wins by ko, lol

off topic: Did you watch that Nunn fight?
          Damn I forgot that PM. Sorry.

I watched the fight BITD, but not with a ton of interest so my memory of it is quite vague. I used to love Nunn and I hated the fact that he had fallen so much from grace that he was brought to Germany as an opponent.

Is it worth watching again?

Comment

Classic fight. And a classic brit HW fight.

Bruno was well past his best and this was the standard brit changing of the guards fight. Bruno had worked his body in tremendous shape and surprised everybody by giving Lewis such a tough fight.
            31 years old and you say he was past his best?

Bruno's best Was when he defeated Oliver Mccall 2 years later to become Heavyweight champion of the world. He was just hitting his peak vs Lennox and fought the fight of his life.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeyZagz View Post

Bruno's best Was when he defeated Oliver Mccall 2 years later to become Heavyweight champion of the world. He was just hitting his peak vs Lennox and fought the fight of his life.
              Do you think so?

I agree with poet that Bruno's best was in his loss to Tim Witherspoon. That being said I thought Bruno was slightly older than 31 when he fought Lewis. Whatever. Bruno had received some beatings by the time he fought Lewis.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeyZagz View Post

exactly,how can he be well past his best and then have his biggest win just a year or two later?

people try to compare this bruno to the one tyson fought and its not comparable,bruno was scared of tyson and really didnt put in the effort when he fought him either time,when he fought lewis he was motivated and like many felt his experience would give him the edge over the very green lewis and it didnt

Comment

I can't believe I forgot about that left hook. Beautiful, full body behind the punch. I can't believe Bruno stayed up from that. I can't believe Lewis took so many right hands from Bruno without going down.
                  All in all an unbelievable fight.

Comment

Is it worth watching again?
                    Not really, lol

Comment

Working...
                    X