Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will September be the possible return of Pacquiao and Klitschko vs. Haye?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will September be the possible return of Pacquiao and Klitschko vs. Haye?

The boxing world is coming off an incredible high after the Mayweather Jr vs. Mosley fight and is now looking for the next fix of pugilistic excitement. Well, look no further than September because the month could be a memorable one, in recent boxing history.

Manny Pacquiao could have his 2nd fight of the year and we could finally see a heavyweight fight that actually matters. Let’s examine further:

Wladimir Klitschko vs. David Haye
    During the PPV broadcast of Mayweather vs. Mosley, Emanuel Steward, Klitschko’s trainer, said the camps of Klitschko and Haye are in negotiations for a title unification fight in September.
    In a related story, according to Boxingscene.com, a report in Golzka said that the negotiations were going very well with HBO to put on this fight in September. Some of the challenges in scheduling this fight are venue availability and availability on the cable networks in the US, Germany, and England.
    George Kinnison Sacramento, CA “Are you excited for a Haye/Klitschko fight?”
    I am excited about this potential fight. Haye vs. Klitschko would bring some sizzle back to the heavyweight division which desperately needs a fight that matters.
    The grudge between these two has grown over the last year and the blood that could be spilled in this fight will bring entire nations to their feet. For more on this feud, check out my following article:
    Wladimir Klitschko officially calls out David Haye via video. 'Haye is bitching out on a fight'

The Return of PacMan
    Bob Arum has stated numerous times that he would prefer to see Manny return to the ring in September and against Antonio Margarito. In a recent interview, Pacquiao said that he felt that he had 3 more fights in him. In the following article, I analyzed the potential list of opponents for his next 3 fights:
    Manny Pacquiao ‘I think I am still good for three more fights’; But who would be his 3 opponents?
    Tammy Robertson Sacramento, CA “Who will Manny’s next fight be against?”
    Now, everyone is calling for the fight between Manny and Floyd but I really don’t see it happening this year, if ever. I think Margarito is the leading candidate for Manny. Arum has commented on this too many times for us to overlook. Margarito is fighting this month and will shake off the ring rust before a potential showdown with the PacMan.
    Conclusion
    So, if you are looking for that next action packed pugilistic adventure then hold on until September because the month is shaping up to be a historical one. If you can’t hold out until then, Malignaggi vs. Khan in May and Foreman vs. Cotto in June should wet the pallet.

LINK
Working...
X