No announcement yet.

David Haye you punk

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• David Haye you punk

Let me start off by saying I am British and I used to love David Haye. When he was at Cruiserweight he was exciting and brash but people could live with it because it was still under the radar somewhat.

Ever since he beat Maccarinelli and made the move to heavyweight he has become a loud mouth yob. People like to hear the occassional bit of trash talk and needle between fighters but once you start talking about decapitating fighters and hoping to see your man twitch on the canvas things have gone too far.

Looking at his behaviour with Wlad this week and his body language its pretty obvious he is bricking it. Refusing to shake his hand, talking his usual rubbish and berating all of Wlad's achievements.... absolute doughnut, he comes off like a petulant child who's lost his bag of sweets.

I think the late great Sir Henry Cooper summed things up best when he attended the Haye v Valuev Presser - as soon as Haye came out with a T-Shirt showing Valuev's head decapitated he walked out, apparently saying "this isn't rubbish, this isn't boxing"

I for one hope Haye gets his ass handed to him on July 2nd and a bit of humility is thrown his way in front of millions.

He comes out with some pretty funny soundbites but he also acts like a giant knob whenever he's at one of these press conferences. Like refusing to shake Wlad's hand and talking over him and all this stuff -- he just makes himself look like an autist.

Comment

He's a douchebag alright and I sincerely hope he doesn't make the upset. Otherwise it would be impossible to live with him.

Comment

I just wonder what fighters think when they see and hear themselves back after these press conferences - James Degale is another fighter who's behaving exactly the same kind of way.

Comment

None of the commenters on this thread so far are chavs -- nice to see.

Comment

Originally posted by DURAN_IS_GOD View Post
            I just wonder what fighters think when they see and hear themselves back after these press conferences - James Degale is another fighter who's behaving exactly the same kind of way.
            James DeGale is too thick to feel any shame for his obnoxiousness, and David Haye is too smug. In his own head he probably sees himself as a modern day Oscar Wilde.

Comment

Haye just bores me now. He talks too much, saying the same crap over and over again. He has achieved nothing at heavyweight, picked up a paper title and tries to call himself the best in the world. I think he lost alot of British fans after the Audley Harrison debacle.

I too hope Wlad puts some hurt on him. Tyson said it best when he said "there is nothing more humbling then getting your ass kicked".

Comment

Originally posted by S.G. View Post
                James DeGale is too thick to feel any shame for his obnoxiousness, and David Haye is too smug. In his own head he probably sees himself as a modern day Oscar Wilde.
                haha classic! Not sure if anybody has watched the build up on sky sports for the Degale and Groves fight but Degale made himself look like a right doughnut on Ringside - he cant even string a sentence together, embarrassing

Comment

Originally posted by OG William View Post
                  Haye just bores me now. He talks too much, saying the same crap over and over again. He has achieved nothing at heavyweight, picked up a paper title and tries to call himself the best in the world. I think he lost alot of British fans after the Audley Harrison debacle.

I too hope Wlad puts some hurt on him. Tyson said it best when he said "there is nothing more humbling then getting your ass kicked".
                  So you guys would rather watch haye kissing ass like mosley was doing to pac? this is boxing and trash talking is a part of the game, if you dont like it watch another sport.

Comment

Originally posted by z0jo View Post
                    So you guys would rather watch haye kissing ass like mosley was doing to pac? this is boxing and trash talking is a part of the game, if you dont like it watch another sport.
                    I don't like that after all the crap he has talked it has taken him 2 years to get in the ring with a Klitschko. (Lets not forget that Sky is the only reason this fight is happening).

I don't like that after all the crap he has talked he has only fought stiffs like Ruiz and Harrison.

But most of all i don't like a paper champion calling themselves the best in the world.

I don't mind abit of talk but to wear them t-shirts and talk all the crap only to run and duck the Klits for 2 years is disgraceful. You talk **** people expect you to back it up. Haye only took this fight because Sky put their foot down and refused to show him fight another can (names like Mormeck and Tarver were floating around ffs).

Comment

Working...
                    X