Matthysse vs Lundy is off!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At least he's still fighting......

Comment

i'm not even sure why GBP chose lundy (2 fight losing streak) as matthysse's next oppoent, they have the following fighters who can give a much better fight

Maidana Marcos 32-3-0 (29 KOs)
      Gomez Frankie 14-0-0 (11 KOs)
      Khan Amir 27-3-0 (18 KOs)

Comment

good oponent for a replacement, slighly harder than lundy acctually imo. that said matthysse should knock him out rather easily, dallas is a out of his league here.

but hes no pushover, the kid can fight so if matthyse takes him lightly he could be in for a tough night. he most likely wont though, lucas is a pro, he will show up ready to handle business and do just that.

Comment

Those "promotional issues" just saved his life tbh

Comment

Might be a style clash for a few rounds...Dallas is fast as a mofo but is still and probably will always be kinda raw. defense isn't great, chin has been checked before so Lucas will be able to change teh fight in an instant. But I can see MAtthyse being flustered with his speed and how he turns on the inside, could get awkward/sloppy. He looked improved in the last fight i saw him in and is starting to land shots that he used to miss badly because he was raw, much more economical than before imo. He's got some natural ability and is wirey, id rather see this than Lundy too.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
              It does matter. If you put a top fighter who knows how to box, he'd outbox Matthysse.
              That is correct. That's why they need to match him up with guys like Rios and Garcia.

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting_Pride View Post
                i'm not even sure why GBP chose lundy (2 fight losing streak) as matthysse's next oppoent, they have the following fighters who can give a much better fight

Maidana Marcos 32-3-0 (29 KOs)
                Gomez Frankie 14-0-0 (11 KOs)
                Khan Amir 27-3-0 (18 KOs)
                Because that's boxing now days. Promoters match their fighters carefully, so that they can make as much money off them before matching them to other fighters that might beat them. There's a lot of good matches GB and TR could make, but they don't for that reason. That's one reason why they (those two promoters) don't match their fighters together, because they are protecting them. Then you have these guys on this forum running around yelling this guy is ducking this guy, but most of the time, its not even like that.

Comment

I don't know why golden boy even wasted there time with Lundy, or why Lundy and his promotional team thought they would get away with this.

Lundy and his team know he has promotional issues because he's dumb enough to take money from another promoter.

Comment

take it as a blessing hank...coz mathysse would prolly retire your no chin having ass

Comment

Reports now that the chinless wonder Lundy has said on his FB the fight is still on.

Comment

Working...
                      X