• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cleto_Reyes View Post
    george foreman. Chavez sr.
    Sr filed for bankruptcy couple yrs ago

Comment

Originally posted by HUGEBOXINGFAN View Post
      Sergio Martinez does very good outside the ring with investments.
      They said on a uk broadcast against either macklin or barker that he had made more from out of ring investments than he had in the ring!

That was before the Jr fight though so dont know if its still true. Pretty impressive though and you can tell hes an intelligent guy...

Comment

This monster called the IRS, hits your pockets when you get those big purses that push you into those crazy tax brackets. Lol

Bad investments will do it every time, it never fails. I like to see fighters get big paydays, and it just makes me cringe when they are seen making these stupid purchases.

Seriously, buy what you want, but be reasonable. Don't buy a $10M mansion with an indoor and outdoor pool, and a tricked interior made of gold and crap like that.

What rich people fail to realize, is the maintenance involved in such purchases. can't forget about those leeches (family members included) that drain you dry.

Much appreciation to those guys who look out for their post-fight boxing career. It's hard to feel sorry for guys like FMJ.

He can spend his money however, but don't write a book in the next few years, talking how dumb you were with your money, in hopes that I buy it, to put more money back in your pockets. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by LeftHookGarcia View Post
          Michael Spinks, Marvin Hagler and SRL
          I remember readings few years ago that Micheal Spinks was loaded while Leon was working for $7 an hour on a road crew.

You'd think he'd help his brother out but maybe he has and he's just blown that too.

Comment

Over here Anthony Mundine and Danny Greene are doing very well for a couple of fighters that where never that great.

I heard Mundine is worth $40 million + and recently bought his mother and sister houses.

Comment

Originally posted by Furn View Post
              Over here Anthony Mundine and Danny Greene are doing very well for a couple of fighters that where never that great.

I heard Mundine is worth $40 million + and recently bought his mother and sister houses.
              Get the fuck outta here! How can this joker have that much money?????

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
                Get the fuck outta here! How can this joker have that much money?????
                That's what I've heard. All his fights are ppv here and the few fights I've been to watch at bars get a fair crowd and Greene v Mundine stopped the nation over here, it was huge.

I think his popularity is pretty low now but a few years back he had plants of people fooled. I've met more than one guy who's honestly thought he was the best p4p fighter in the world.

Comment

Originally posted by Furn View Post
                  That's what I've heard. All his fights are ppv here and the few fights I've been to watch at bars get a fair crowd and Greene v Mundine stopped the nation over here, it was huge.

I think his popularity is pretty low now but a few years back he had plants of people fooled. I've met more than one guy who's honestly thought he was the best p4p fighter in the world.
                  LOL damn! Can't blame Geale for fighting him, he's gonna cash in big time. Easy work too.

Comment

Lots of boxers are doing great. Trinidad, Holmes and Hagler are all very rich to the best of my knowledge.Lots of English boxers handled their winnings well and are doing great.

Comment

Ima go out on a limb and say Floyd Mayweather will be well off for life. He seems to only fight for big money and not chump change due to his understanding of his ability to generate revenue like no other in the sport. Plus, I think all his seemingly reckless spending is a big ol facade to the public (he is "Money May" right?). Floyd is more business savvy then many give him credit for, hell I could be way off though.

Comment

Working...
                      X