Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oscar tweeting about GGG vs Ward

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He is wanting GGG out of the Middleweight Division so Canelo can make a soft landing there against Cotto, without the pressure of fans wanting him to face GGG right after.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Fantastic View Post
      Oscar is doing it to divert attention from Golovkin vs Cotto. He wants Canelo vs Cotto.
      Oscar is just trying to get people to pay attention to his company. His company is a joke now. Arums company is also a joke. Everyone will go over to Mayweather Promotions when their contracts are up. They will probably get Rigo.

Comment

Originally posted by Fetta View Post
        Maybe he's a fan and knows this would be a big fight.

What's he saying anyways
        It's definitely possible and I considered that but I've been following Oscar for a long time and he mentions fights he wants to see but he's a promoter first and it always includes his guys.

He been saying since the fight on Saturday that he wants to see GGG-Ward. His tweet that made me question it was him saying "Imagine Canelo vs Cotto and GGG vs Ward on the same card?! 5 de mayo! Would anybody pay to see that?"
        That PPV is big on its own I don't see why he would want to add a fight that he would have to start splitting profits to other promoters.

It just strikes me as odd that he keeps mentioning a fight that his company has no part of. I'lll admit it's very possible I'm reading too much into it.

Comment

Originally posted by deanrw View Post
          He is wanting GGG out of the Middleweight Division so Canelo can make a soft landing there against Cotto, without the pressure of fans wanting him to face GGG right after.
          Spot on.

Canelo is his biggest moneymaker/draw putting him in a fight with Golovkin jeopardizes their plans at middleweight for Canelo.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Fantastic View Post
            Oscar is doing it to divert attention from Golovkin vs Cotto. He wants Canelo vs Cotto.
            Yeah,, I think that's it..

Comment

When I read his tweet suggesting a Canelo/Cotto and Golovkin/Ward on the same card I got excited, but then I realized it's not happening.

Comment

he wants GGG up a weight class to protect his own star he know it will get forced and the gunger would get put to sleep if he fights cotto aand beats him

Comment

Oscar making fights with HBO fighters?

Comment

Originally posted by BrushMyHair View Post
                    Oscar is just trying to get people to pay attention to his company. His company is a joke now. Arums company is also a joke. Everyone will go over to Mayweather Promotions when their contracts are up. They will probably get Rigo.

LMFAO but you dont think Mayweather promotions is a joke lol.

How does that brain of yours work man, everytime I read a post of your im like wtf this dude cant believe the ish he says.

Comment

Originally posted by Hougigo View Post
                      Wouldn't have enough money to put that on a undercard
                      How much did ggg make in his last fight, previous ggg purses that have been revealed have him make around 500k, that's a bargain, ward would get around a million. On the last Floyd ppv, there were four guys making a million. Money wouldn't be an issue, I just don't see this fight happening nor do I want ward to get a big fight

Comment

Working...
                      X