What's going on in the Bronx?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Originally posted by IdNod4u2 View Post
      Your right and I respect that. Little Italy or none of those neighborhoods were " taken over" , like the knuckle heads would like us to believe. They simply moved on. Ghetto and a good portion of NYC is slums and most of the those people are now raising their kids in the burbs or other states. Telling their kids the tales of the city and when they ran and lived there. Most immigrants and migrants start from the bottom and work their way to better..kudos.
      This is something ****e Lee needs to understand. Heard him talking about how white people are running black people out of their neighborhoods and all this noise the other day. That's all old man talk; times changes, neighborhoods change. And it's always been that way.

Milwaukee was a popular destination for Slovenes (my people) and Germans coming over back in the day. When we went up to Milwaukee a few years ago to see where my Dad grew up, it was now an all-Mexican neighborhood full of people giving us the "What the **** are you doing in my neighborhood?" kinda look. I thought my Dad was going to be really down about it, but he just laughed it off and suggested we find a good Mexican restaurant to have dinner at (we did, it ruled).

The Mexicans didn't force us out, ya know? Things just change with time.

Comment

Originally posted by Mooshashi View Post
        And I remember when it was all Italian, Irish and Jewish.

Arthur Avenue Little Italy is down to 4 square blocks...
        East Bronx is still like this.

Comment

Some stupid ****ing people in this world, fighting over such meaningless ****. All in the end just making life harder for themselves.

When I say i'm proud to be a middle class white boy, I ****ing mean it.

Comment

Originally posted by WarriorSoul View Post
            East Bronx is still like this.
            Is it really? My old neighborhood, Gun Hill Road and Boston Road, is a lot
            different than when I lived there....granted, that was 45 years ago.

Comment

Gunhill and Boston rd. is mostly Jamaican and Puerto Rican. Though my barber was Italian in that neighborhood.

Comment

Mexicans in New York now.....wow

Comment

Yup, I lived in the Throgs Neck area for 4 years and it is still like that.

Comment

Originally posted by UTEP View Post
                    Damn for real? Are they fighting over drug territories?
                    Is that GGG is that Rangers hat on your sig?? I don't know why but I seriously can't tell...

Comment

Though I'm sure there are Mexicans in NYC, the % is still relatively small in a whole. They represent like 15% of the NYC's Hispanic population. They're there, but I still struggled find legit real Mexcian food when I visited back in 2009.

They're there, but nothing like CA, AZ, NV, NM, CO, TX, or even Chicago.

NYC is somewhere you'll either love or hate. If you hate condensed cities, and like spread out cities (I'm from Denver which is pretty spread out), it'll wear on you being there.

Comment

Working...
                      X