Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Macklin: Felix Sturm Stops Martin Murray, Mid-Late Rounds

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Macklin: Felix Sturm Stops Martin Murray, Mid-Late Rounds

Former European champion Matthew Macklin will be an interested spectator when Martin Murray steps into the ring with WBA champion Felix Sturm in eight days’ time as he knows it could have been him opposing the German in Mannheim.

[Click Here To Read More]

Is Martin Murray any good? He has undefeated record but that could be because of who he fought.

Why does Felix Sturm keep ducking fighters like Martinez, Pavlik(when Pavlik was at 160), Abraham(when Abraham was at 160), and Taylor(when Taylor was at 160, and I think I heard Taylor whooped Sturm in the amateurs).

Maybe Chavez jr. and Sturm should fight, that sense would make sense...

Comment

Originally posted by uoykcuf View Post
      Is Martin Murray any good? He has undefeated record but that could be because of who he fought.

Why does Felix Sturm keep ducking fighters like Martinez, Pavlik(when Pavlik was at 160), Abraham(when Abraham was at 160), and Taylor(when Taylor was at 160, and I think I heard Taylor whooped Sturm in the amateurs).

Maybe Chavez jr. and Sturm should fight, that sense would make sense...
      The reason he´s ducking them is probably because they would actually be, or were, too big a threat. After what Macklin did, I am positive that a fighter of Martinez class would RAPE Sturm. Taylor could give him problems, AA could be interesting now there´s kind of a blueprint on how to box him.

It´s also got to do with how boxing is perceived here in Germany. There´s not a big public interest in German fighters taking on high class opposition, as there is in the US. Sturm has already established himself as a brand name, and generates decent turnouts. The dude feeds his family with boxing, so there´s no interest on his part to fight guys who might give him a beating and threaten his image/ reputation. Sad thing cos he could probably challenge himself, he just doesnt need to as no one here in Germany really cares...

Comment

I just seen little snippets of Taylor/Sturm on youtube in the amateurs it actually was closer than what I've read on here by someone. That was just the amateurs anyways. It's also very hard to even decide who wins a round in the amateurs because alot of the boxers just look to be throwing slapping shots and not really pinpoint accurate shots in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by bennido View Post
          Sad thing cos he could probably challenge himself, he just doesnt need to as no one here in Germany really cares...
          This doesn't really make sense to me, I would think German fight fans are the same as any other fight fans and would like to see a fighter seriously challenged by a threat.

Comment

I agree with this bum this time, btw Macklin will be another KO in Martinez's list. He was lucky with Sturm, Felix understimated him but nearly KOed him in the last rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by uoykcuf View Post

Because hes making enough money in germany and it doesnt matter who he fights. Sturm doesnt fight for his status he fights for money. Personally i hate that guy, i dont like him as a boxer and not as a person either.

Comment

Sturm can keep having these meaningless defences, nobody notices anyways. Between him and Chavez Jr. how many fringe contenders can they dig up?

Comment

Working...
                X