No announcement yet.

Boxingscene Movie Reviews Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zombieland

Movie about killing Zombies with shotguns, hanging out with Bill Murray and going to amusement parks.

3 outta 5.

Comment

• Originally posted by RAGE OF ANGELS View Post
      I don't really follow you.

I've given plenty of movie analysis in threads on this forum.

I just picked 5 of the best movies I've ever seen to post in this thread in the hope that someone might click one out of curiosity and enjoy it. It was late, I was about to sleep and I couldn't be bothered to write anything in-depth. The comments were just me being offhand and flippant, nothing personal.
      well you had 2 pages about full of 10 out of 10's in a row and out of 75+ I've reviewed moives I have maybe 2 that I've given 10's just pointing out you like alot of movies and was trying to make a joke about the gay thing because in every review you had a gay remark. Just pointing out the different standard people have when rating movies.

Comment

• Originally posted by rocco1252 View Post
        wow lots of incredible movies you see, I wish I wasnt so judgemental and picked apart movies or maybe your just being gay rating everything a 10...?
        kind of noticed that too...not trying to hate on u ROA but its not really helping anyone if u rate a movie 10/10 and dont actually elaborate on the plot of that movie. rating a movie 10/10 even though it is subjective would be something hard to to do for me seeing as panda's never seen a flawless movie...but maybe thats just me

that being said

Resident Evil Afterlife 6.5/10

Kind of felt like a blend of The Matrix Revolutions and Wanted....heavy on the CGI and the story develops just like RE Apocalypse. Its a reasonably high paced action movie and they try to incorporate the characters of the RE videogames a bit more. Gave it a 6.5 instead of a 6 because it was kind of refreshing to see the story develop a lot more than in RE Extinction.

they cast wentworth miller as chris redfield which didnt make sense as he really didnt get to show his great acting qualities. the movie doesnt really explain much about the redfields...theyre just signature names which is kind of lame

Storyline (from IMDB, was typing my own but this one seems a bit more complete): In a world ravaged by a virus infection, turning its victims into the Undead, Alice (Jovovich), continues on her journey to find survivors and lead them to safety. Her deadly battle with the Umbrella Corporation reaches new heights, but Alice gets some unexpected help from an old friend. A new lead that promises a safe haven from the Undead takes them to Los Angeles, but when they arrive the city is overrun by thousands of Undead - and Alice and her comrades are about to step into a deadly trap.

Comment

well you had 2 pages about full of 10 out of 10's in a row and out of 75+ I've reviewed moives I have maybe 2 that I've given 10's just pointing out you like alot of movies and was trying to make a joke about the gay thing because in every review you had a gay remark. Just pointing out the different standard people have when rating movies.
          I have extremely high standards in art and I picked 5 of the best movies I've ever seen to throw up. No biggy.

LOL, I forgot I said anything about Gayness. Yeah, I was about to go to sleep, I was just being flippant.

Originally posted by -PANDA- View Post
          rating a movie 10/10 even though it is subjective would be something hard to to do for me seeing as panda's never seen a flawless movie...but maybe thats just me
          The only perfection, for me, is perfection in imperfection.

Comment

• "Hiroshima" BBC The History of World War 2"

This is a great documentary with eyewitness accounts from both sides Japanese survivors at ground zero and squad members of whom dropped the bomb featuring interviews, picture stills, and actual video footage taken from 1945. It goes into the why we decided to use the nuclear weapon, the actual event and how it took place, and the aftermath of the event. This is a very nonbiased documentary gives views from both sides. Did a good job in the remake parts of the documentary as well as putting it all together. It's running time is about 90 minutes

Rocco Rating 8.5 out of 10

Comment

Dead Man's Shoes;

watch this movie. Some people who deserve to die die in it.

ROA rating - 10/10.

http://stagevu.com/video/cienfkbxrmuo
              Originally posted by RAGE OF ANGELS View Post
              Rolling Thunder;

also watch this movie, because I told you to.

ROA rating - 10/10.

http://stagevu.com/video/wxdsesubttha
              The Candy Snatchers;

another movie you should watch.

ROA rating - 10/10.

http://stagevu.com/video/vknwprkykigu
              The Night Of The Hunter;

you should watch this movie because you're Gay if you don't.

ROA rating - 10/10.

http://stagevu.com/video/zkzwoyetikbu
              Two-Lane Blacktop;

because research has proven that exposure to Monte Hellman's best works makes people less Gay.

ROA rating - 10/10.

http://stagevu.com/video/zohidvsxmjcu

Ok, I'm done for now.

LMAOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! LOL @ The gay jokes.

I'm checking out all those films when the holidays come, cheers mate.

Comment

I don't really follow you.

I've given plenty of movie analysis in threads on this forum.

I just picked 5 of the best movies I've ever seen to post in this thread in the hope that someone might click one out of curiosity and enjoy it. It was late, I was about to sleep and I couldn't be bothered to write anything in-depth. The comments were just me being offhand and flippant, nothing personal.
                "Frida"

This movie is about a female mexican artist who over came many challenges through her life to rise in fame through her famous artist husband. This is a based on true events movie and there is also a book about it.

This movie was horrible, boring, bad acting, salma hayek should have refuse to do that roll with a unibrow even though it was true to what Frida looked like. The accents were bad, the music was bad, everything about this movie was bad. And guess who picked it....none other than my girlfriend. THANKS NETFLIX for allowing women to pick movies!

Rocco Rating 3 out of 10

Comment

wow lots of incredible movies you see, I wish I wasnt so judgemental and picked apart movies or maybe your just being gay rating everything a 10...?
                  ok...so panda was wrong about ROA

this guy is obviously as judgemental about movies as he is about people he doesnt like....what a sad individual

he's probably going to try and make a discussion out of this post as well

Comment

• Ok in the last few days i have seen a few movies.

I will start with Despicable Me,kind of slow starting but ended up being pretty good my niece liked it a lot.
                    Next is Jennifers Body,did not want to watch it at first but the girl talked me into it,ended up being not that bad,some cheezy parts but overall not the piece of crap everyone said it was.
                    Then i watched the Blindside,this was by far the best out of the 3 sht even got me misty eyed at times,damn good movie.by the way the real collins is hotter then the movie one.

Comment

• "Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call New Orleans"

This movie starred Nicolas Cage as a junkie cop who is investigating the murder of a family execution style in their house husband wife teens and babies. While investigating you see his everyday dirty cop lifestyle and the ups and downs he goes through. This movie also stars Eva Mendez as his prositute girlfriend. Movie was kinda slow but stayed interesting.

Rocco Rating 7 out of 10

Comment

Working...
                      X