Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is ward win over kessler tainted?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

whats tainted is all these stupid threads about fights being tainted! :AYWOoD:

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
      Very much so.

Ward should have been disqualified for repeated deliberate headbutts.

"Andre Ward came in like a billygoat, let's be honest about it" - Al Bernstein
      /thread......

Comment

Originally posted by PAC-BOY View Post
        whats tainted is all these stupid threads about fights being tainted! :AYWOoD:
        Great post PAC-BOY.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyST View Post
          He didn't. I don't even think there was much of a warning. Certainly no point off.
          That was a borderline DQ foul, if he didn't at least deduct a point then he was indeed favoring the home boxer.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyST View Post
            He didn't. I don't even think there was much of a warning. Certainly no point off.
            There was no point off because Tszyu hit him low first, Hatton's was retaliation.

Originally posted by PinoyNation View Post
            So if you feel that way then you agree that Ricky Hatton should have been disqualified against poor Kostya Tszyu?
            When did Hatton headbutt Tszyu and open two cuts over his eyes? it's not even comparable and what has Hatton got to do with this thread anyway?

Comment

Very much tainted. Ward would have been DQ'ed anywhere but jOakland.

Comment

Im a fan of both Hatton and Ward but how anyone can claim that they didnt recieve hometown refereeing is beyond me.

I dont blame the fighters too much though. They fight where their promoters tell them to fight and if the ref lets you get away with it then why risk the L?

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
                  There was no point off because Tszyu hit him low first, Hatton's was retaliation.
                  But Hatton's was deliberate and more damaging, Kostya's was accidental.
                  Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
                  When did Hatton headbutt Tszyu and open two cuts over his eyes? it's not even comparable and what has Hatton got to do with this thread anyway?
                  You're right. Ward was far dirtier in the Kessler fight than Hatton was against Tszyu.

"Ward came in like a billygoat, let's be honest" Al Bernstein

Comment

Ward and Hatton both catch a bit of flak for their 'wrestling/clinching' styles but one of them is regarded as being skilful, albeit boring as fuck to watch and the other is just a wrestler but is far more entertaining to watch.

Never have I seen Hatton foul like Ward does though, he takes that to a completely different level. Had Ward been European, we'd all know about how mundane and dirty he is...

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
                      Im a fan of both Hatton and Ward but how anyone can claim that they didnt recieve hometown refereeing is beyond me.

I dont blame the fighters too much though. They fight where their promoters tell them to fight and if the ref lets you get away with it then why risk the L?
                      Every fighter gets the rub of the green at home but unlike Ward, Hatton fought away from home. He beat Collazo, Urango, Malignaggi and Castillo in the US (Vegas and NYC).

Hatton was willing to go to Australia to fight Tszyu he wanted the fight badly enough.

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
                      But Hatton's was deliberate and more damaging, Kostya's was accidental.
                      Indeed, but it wasn't unprovoked. Tszyu hit him low first (and they all hurt!).

Comment

Working...
                      X