No announcement yet.

Dissapointed with the Galaxy s5

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ABOSWORTH View Post
    What do you think "research" is? As I said, they changed the smart phone world with iOS but to say they just magically came up with everything about it on their own is ridiculous.

http://www.bestmastersprograms.org/apple/

Sounds familiar to me... That's just what Apple did.

Why can't you put widgets on an iPhone yet?

Research and development costs money and takes time, if iOS was so easy to create, someone would have already created it before Apple.

The fact that you have used that video of Steve Jobs speaks volumes; you do realise that the clip is a just a tiny part of an interview right?

Steve Jobs was explaining that the staff at Apple had other experiences and skills than just computers, and that they were using them to influence their creations.

Apple could put widgets on their devices, but they realise that widgets are drain on resources and energy, if and when there is a better way to include them, they might introduce them. Just the same way as multitasking was not included from the start.

Comment

Originally posted by ANACONDA View Post
      The fact that you have used that video of Steve Jobs speaks volumes; you do realise that the clip is a just a tiny part of an interview right?
      No, I thought they fired up the camera just for that 40 second clip. Damn, you got me. Kind of hard to take that quote out of context, brah.

Steve Jobs was explaining that the staff at Apple had other experiences and skills than just computers, and that they were using them to influence their creations.
      Well, that's the whole idea. The wheel can't be reinvented, just improved upon. That's how technology works. He is guilty of doing the same thing he complains about. You seem to be trying to make Jobs into some kind of philanthropist.

Apple could put widgets on their devices, but they realise that widgets are drain on resources and energy, if and when there is a better way to include them, they might introduce them. Just the same way as multitasking was not included from the start.
      They could at least give you the option but instead they treat their customers like ******s and decide for them. The battery life does suck on iPhones but I at least want the option to decide for myself if I want to sacrifice battery life for widgets, live papers etc...

I used live wallpapers on my jailbroken device and never noticed any increase in battery usage but that's what they spouted on about as an excuse as to why you couldn't have them.

Comment

Originally posted by ABOSWORTH View Post
        No, I thought they fired up the camera just for that 40 second clip. Damn, you got me. Kind of hard to take that quote out of context, brah.

Well, that's the whole idea. The wheel can't be reinvented, just improved upon. That's how technology works. He is guilty of doing the same thing he complains about. You seem to be trying to make Jobs into some kind of philanthropist.

They could at least give you the option but instead they treat their customers like ******s and decide for them. The battery life does suck on iPhones but I at least want the option to decide for myself if I want to sacrifice battery life for widgets, live papers etc...

I used live wallpapers on my jailbroken device and never noticed any increase in battery usage but that's what they spouted on about as an excuse as to why you couldn't have them.

That clip is always used out of context. Go watch the documentary to find out the rest.

Basically, an Apple employee might be just a programmer but he might be a musician as well; the programmer would use his musical experience to influence his work at Apple.........but there are always people who want to use that line to put a spin on things.

Comment

As much as I've enjoyed the S3, I'll be going Sony for the Camera and waterproof, or Nexus for straight up to date Android (resent that being a key advantage though) or the Ubuntu phone or something.

HTC, Sony, and some others deserve some market share. Samsung's just been too highly pinned and people assume it'll always be THE best non Apple smartphone. Not true.

Comment

Working...
          X