Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why did it take Sergio Martinez so long to get back on track after Margarito?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He was young and inexperienced so he Prbly just fought to gain some. He started when he was twenty one so who cares. When he got his shot he's done good things since and faced top fighters in his division and out classed almost all of them. So it's all good.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
      He went undefeated during that time.......if HBO or Showtime don't give you a shot, you are considered just another "eurobum" Once he got that HBO shot, he kept on trucking.

*speaking in terms of his next shot at fighting on HBO of course.

That is true. After Winky "lost" to vargas he was back on ESPN fighting again. Meanwhile vargas who was more marketable got the Tito fight and even after getting KTFO got the DLH fight after that and continued even when he was shot to get big name fights with mayorga and mosley.

Winky was doomed to ESPN land until Mosley gave him a shot, which he did basically as a favor for a friend. Nobody would have said anything if he avoided that fight but he took the risk and lost. After that Winky was on HBO again.

Comment

Originally posted by taansend View Post
        I remember him beating a couple of decent British Light Middles back in the day.

Do you think Antonio Margarito used dodgy wraps during their fight?
        The biggest thing that stands out to me when I watch that fight is margarito's speed. Apparently he wasnt always a slow sack of ****.

Comment

Originally posted by Snake... View Post
          he was padding his record in Spain
          pretty much
          Last edited by Ve Ri Tas; 02-22-2013, 09:14 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X